Insider info on Westbrook and S.Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Insider info on Westbrook and S.Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Insider info on Westbrook and S.Davis?

Postby wizbang » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:28 pm

We all know (or should by now) that these two are out for this week. Each has a scarey injury situation though. Honestly, how can a RB play with a busted Rib. I realize this isn't all that severe and that Eric Johnson is playing with something serious but a rib injury to a RB seems an aweful lot like a wrist injury for a TE.

With S.Davis... is he pulling an Edge circa 2002 where he'll continue to miss a lot of time? His injury seems to just keep getting worse.

I've scanned around (and YES searched on this forum) but was wondering if anyone had some sort of inside scoop better than what is being offered in mainstream.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crafty » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:05 pm

No.

But I think if you want to guess at Westbrook's recovery schedule, look closely at how they do the next two games. If they can still move the ball on the ground, or if the passing game can compensate, you can forget about seeing Westbrook full time until he's 100%, that is, like 5-6 weeks. They're going to the playoffs, and they need him if they're going to have a shot.

Davis, forget it.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:21 pm

Crafty wrote:No.

But I think if you want to guess at Westbrook's recovery schedule, look closely at how they do the next two games. If they can still move the ball on the ground, or if the passing game can compensate, you can forget about seeing Westbrook full time until he's 100%, that is, like 5-6 weeks. They're going to the playoffs, and they need him if they're going to have a shot.

Davis, forget it.

I agree. Another point about westbrook is that his job is safe, no matter how well levens or mahe do. So he will not try to rush back because he is worried that he will lose the starting spot.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk