This Years Clinton Portis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This Years Clinton Portis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anthony Thomas

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:48 pm

i heard to watchout for adrian peterson there might be a battle for that job in chicago i really cant see them giving up on A-Train however because this is only his third year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:27 pm

Confluence wrote:I also like either Betts or Watson in Washington. Everyone has the under-achieving Canidate lighting it up this year. But I think either Betts or Watson will emerge on top. (c'mon preseason!!!)

as a redskins fan im actually inclined to agree...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:35 pm

I think Mack and Barlow are going to be it. Oterio has a chance, but I think Barlow will take most of the carries by mid season, and Mack certainly has something to prove. Barlow is in his contract year as well.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:23 pm

fantasyfootball_tx wrote:I'm gonna have to say Marcell Shipp on the Arizona Cardinals. He averaged 117 total yards - 81 rushing and 36 recieving - in six starts last year, 8th best among running backs. Some point this season he's gonna move into the starting lineup and get his chance and put up good numbers, just like Portis did last season. With Emmitt only playing part-time, he'll get his chance.

I thought Emmitt went to Arizona because they said he would be a full time RB. (or maybe it was the money, lol)

Postby terpfan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:
fantasyfootball_tx wrote:I'm gonna have to say Marcell Shipp on the Arizona Cardinals. He averaged 117 total yards - 81 rushing and 36 recieving - in six starts last year, 8th best among running backs. Some point this season he's gonna move into the starting lineup and get his chance and put up good numbers, just like Portis did last season. With Emmitt only playing part-time, he'll get his chance.

I thought Emmitt went to Arizona because they said he would be a full time RB. (or maybe it was the money, lol)

i think it was the winning tradition. ;-7
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Barlow or Zereoue

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:32 pm

I agree that Barlow is the most likely given the solid SF running attack with a solid line, constant double teaming of Owens, and extra attention demanded by Garcia. If SF goes to a one back offense under Erikson, I expect Barlow beat out Hearst and emerge like last year's Travis Henry (not quite Portis, but very good). It also won't hurt if Streets continues to emerge (much like Peerless Price last year helped Henry).

I also expect big things from Zereoue. Maddox is for real and Burress/Ward both merit double team consideration. Zereoue was clearly better as a starter than Bettis last year and I think this is his year.

sleeper backs

Postby TyceBunn » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:40 pm

musa smith if ja.lewis goes down
labrandon toefeild if fragile fred taylor goes down
cecil sapp if he steps in sh!t
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:42 pm

terpfan wrote:
Confluence wrote:I also like either Betts or Watson in Washington. Everyone has the under-achieving Canidate lighting it up this year. But I think either Betts or Watson will emerge on top. (c'mon preseason!!!)

as a redskins fan im actually inclined to agree...

I also agree. If Priest is out then maybe Larry Johnson.
Go Dolphins!!!
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Guru » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:10 pm

Mudd wrote:I think Mack and Barlow are going to be it. Oterio has a chance, but I think Barlow will take most of the carries by mid season, and Mack certainly has something to prove. Barlow is in his contract year as well.

People have been saying this about Barlow for 2 years now. Blah Blah Blah....by mid-season he will be the started....Blah Blah Blah. I think he is a waste of a pick, he will just sit on your bench all year. SF is a RBC and they always will be. I'm tired of waiting on Barlow, it's time to give up on this guy.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poobah » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:42 pm

I don't think there is gonna be a Portis, a guy who comes from nowhere and gets 1500+ yards and 12+ TD. I think Barlow and Mack are the best bets to explode for 1000-1200 yards and 8TD. 10 maybe. But no Portis this year... :~(
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk