Return to New York Giants

Dixon-Not 100%.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dixon-Not 100%.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:18 am

Friday, July 25, 2003
BY KIMBERLY JONES
Star-Ledger Staff

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Wide receiver Ron Dixon indicated yesterday that his troublesome right knee remains a problem and likely will hinder him as the Giants begin training camp practices this morning.

"I'm still not running well," said Dixon, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in November and June.

Dixon said he plans to take it slow because "that's all I can do. I haven't been running. Basically, I've been getting my knee to strengthen up."

The Giants' No. 3 receiver last season, Dixon will be pushed by second-year Tim Carter, a speedster who had his own injury problems (a torn Achilles) in 2002. As for his chances at retaining the third receiver spot, Dixon said: "I've got to make the team first. It's not that I'm nervous, it's just that I want to play. There's competition everywhere, at (No.) 3, 4 and 5."

Coach Jim Fassel has said that Dixon "will be fine." Dixon, however, isn't sure what to expect at today's initial practice.

"I don't think (I'll participate), unless they just tell me to go run," he said. "I'll do it but it wouldn't be healthy."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New York Giants