Keeper league rankings of wr? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper league rankings of wr?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper league rankings of wr?

Postby bibsybob » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:38 pm

Can anybody give their top 10 ranking of wrs based on keeper league value? I would figure r.moss and andre johnson head off the list...
bibsybob
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GMoney » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:07 am

id say it would go something like this.....

R Moss
A Johnson
T Holt
J Walker
H Ward
C Johnson

edited: because i forgot CJ (easy to do this year)
Last edited by GMoney on Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:21 am

Ward should be a lot higher...

yes I'm a Ward owner, but think about it.... if Roeth is preforming well NOW... when he's seasoned?

Ward and Plaxico's value (and Randle El... I just love that guy. SLASHIE 2!!!) go up because of it. But this would be for keeper leagues in the not-so-distant future.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:53 am

Without knowing the scoreing system of the keeper league, I would go as........

#1. R. Moss, WR Vikings. Cant be called first tier as he is simply above the rest and a tier unto himself.

#2 T. Owens, WR EAgles. He is 30 or 31 now. Despite his relative old age in football years, he is still probably the most all around physicaly fit and athletic WR in the NFL. He still has several years left in the tank.

#3. T. Holt, WR Rams. As long as he has a competent QB throwing to him on turf then he will finish with 1st tier WR #'s for years to come.

#4. M. Harrison, WR Colts. Dont let his sub par performance so far this year fool you. Even if he doesnt finish this year strong he will still end up further along in career receptions than the legend J. Rice was at Rice's 800th career reception (J. Rice 800th catch was in game 154, Harrison's will come in game 130 or 131). Harrison is still a top keeper WR.

#5. Hines Ward, WR Steelers. Lack of touchdowns so far this year is frustrating but he is still haveing a great year with yardage and receptions. Unless Roethlisberger's develping rapport with P.Burress develops into Burress becomeing the true #1 Pit WR, then Ward is still a top option.

#6. Chad Johnson, WR Bengals. If C. Palmer doesnt become my beloved Bungholes 400,002nd consecutive first round draft pick bust at QB :-D , then R. Johnson keeping defenses honest is all he needs to round out the 1st tier of keeper WR's.

#7. Javon Walker, WR Packers. Is showing all the right stuff to be in the top tier of WR's with his big play & big game ability so far this year. However under the keeper league paramaters I'm not so sure how well he can continue to perform with the inevitable departure of Favre in the next few years. He heads the top of the 2nd tier.

#8. Andre Johnson, WR Texans. Haveing a monster year and a better one than some of the guys I listed over him I admit. Seems to be the real deal with all the tools but so did David Boston after a few years with Arizona. I project him as a great mid 2nd to early 3rd round high reward/little risk pick in yearly 12 team league drafts.

#9. Darrell Jackson, WR SeaHawks. Still fairly young and on pace for a career year in yards and receptions. Lots of people get TD love in that offense, but he is still the best WR there and relatively young.

#10. A few intrigueing possibilities here, so I'll just list a few as I'm indecisive here.

Sanatan Moss, If he just gets healthy has shown tremendous potential and has one of the best developing young QB's in the game to mature with.

Anquan Boldin, if he can finish strong he warrants immediate attention again.

Plaxico Burress, Roethlisberger shoud soon produce better than T. Maddox was and under T. Maddox's career year, the Steelers managed to end up with 2 top recievers.

Andre Davis, if Garcia can stay semi consistent he might emerge even more.

Roy Williams, I hate to plug a WR this early in his career but Roy's prescence alone is already opening up their offense.

Bonus, Take Behind the Woodshed and Shoot Them.

#1. Koren Robinson
#2. Peerless Price.
#3. David Boston

A few others could be added but I see those three as most likely to end next year (2005) as nothing but fantasy 3rd WR injury and bye week fill ins.

Just adding in guys, feel free to discuss.
Last edited by Bukoski77 on Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:28 am

Bukoski77 wrote:#6. Chad Johnson, WR Bengals. If C. Palmer doesnt become my beloved Bungholes 400,002nd consecutive first round draft pick bust at QB :-D , then R. Johnson keeping defenses honest is all he needs to round out the 1st tier of keeper WR's.

Hey... what about Akili Smith? Hot like fire...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk