LT2 should play Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT2 should play Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

LT2 should play Sunday

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:31 pm

Hmmm, my Chatman sleeper hopes this week may never come to fruition, but certainly owners should feel relieved that Tomlinson's getting the start (in all likelihood).

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7840417

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson practiced Friday and is expected to start against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Tomlinson has been bothered by a strained groin the last three games and failed to gain more than 65 yards in any.

Two of Tomlinson's five biggest games as a professional came against the Raiders in 2003. He had a career-high 243 yards in a home win in the season finale, and 187 yards in an overtime loss at Oakland on Sept. 28.

His backup, Jesse Chatman, has played well, although he has a turf toe and has been held out of practice. Chatman is listed as probable on the injury report, although coach Marty Schottenheimer said it will be a game-time decision whether he'll play.

Sammy Davis is expected to regain his starting job at right cornerback. Drayton Florence started at right cornerback in last Sunday's win at Carolina, but sprained an ankle.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:38 pm

thanks for the heads up, Id completely forgotten he was injured.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FavreFan1998 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:25 am

as an LT owner, im glad that his backup is hurt too, prolly more likely to have him carry alot still
FavreFan1998
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:28 am

As an LT2 owner, that's music to my ears. I just hope that he shakes the injury completely by the time the fantasy playoffs begin in week 15.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:22 am

From Fanball...
Oct 29 Some league insiders believe that Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson is the best running back in football, and you won't hear any arguments coming from the Bay Area. Tomlinson has absolutely dominated the rival Raiders in his short career. He is averaging 160 rushing yards per game in his last four meetings with the Silver and Black, including a 243-yard, two-touchdown performance against the Raiders in week 17 last year.
Views: Were it not for a nagging groin injury, we might be looking at a possible threat to Jamal Lewis' single-game rushing record. Instead, remarkably, the Chargers could get up early in this one and let backup Jesse Chatman salt the game away, as they did last week in Caolina. Either way, plug L.T. into your lineup and expect huge things as long as he's on the field.

From KFFL.....
Oct 29 San Diego Chargers RB Jesse Chatman (toe) did not practice Friday, Oct. 29, and is not expected to play in Week 8.

From Rotowire....
Oct 29 Chatman (toe) is listed as probable on this week's injury report, although coach Marty Schottenheimer said it will be a game-time decision whether he'll play, the Associated Press reports.
Recommendation: With LaDainian Tomlinson able to practice Friday, there's no need to consider Chatman this week, unless LT experience a late setback.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:15 am

243 yards & 2 TDs...

Please God. Please. You owe me. ;-7
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bucswinitall » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:26 am

Ricky_Christ wrote:243 yards & 2 TDs...

Yes, I just traded for LT2 and I would love to have one of those games where the old owner cries himself to sleep at night. ;-D
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:01 am

bucswinitall wrote:
Ricky_Christ wrote:243 yards & 2 TDs...

Yes, I just traded for LT2 and I would love to have one of those games where the old owner cries himself to sleep at night. ;-D

How did you pry away LT2? Just curious.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bucswinitall » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:05 am

The LT2 owner had an obsession for CJ and after MNF I cashed in by trading Jamal and CJ for LT2 and Driver.
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:19 am

bucswinitall wrote:The LT2 owner had an obsession for CJ and after MNF I cashed in by trading Jamal and CJ for LT2 and Driver.

Nice trade. Keeper league?
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk