LT2 should play Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT2 should play Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CDNY1975 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:35 am

as a former LT2 owner (Traded him this past week, got Owens in the deal) i am happy to see him go , i wanted to rid him of my roster, that grion injury will not completely heal till he rests it, which means it will bother him the rest of the season & seeing his stats the last 3 games in which the injury has bugged him, i made a wise move, Granted he might start every game but haveing him pulled at half time, really hurts his fantasy value...i do think he is the best RB in the game & i choose him #1 over all, but a nagging groin injury always means tough sundays for the teams that own him on their fantasy roster....He himself said he is going to play though the pain , BUT only rest will get him 100%, he has admitted this injury may linger till the season is over, i hope for u owners that have him , he heals during the bye week on week 10, but i feel i made out on my deal by getting a fully rested Jamal Lewis, Owens & C Taylor for LT2,Holt & S Jackson
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bucswinitall » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:43 am

Ricky_Christ wrote:
bucswinitall wrote:The LT2 owner had an obsession for CJ and after MNF I cashed in by trading Jamal and CJ for LT2 and Driver.

Nice trade. Keeper league?

I thought so too, unfortunately, redraft league.
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:56 pm

I think you got hosed... Jamal will be great when he comes back, and if CJ starts clicking...

Driver isn't a great WR option, and LT has the injury. I say god trade for the other guy.

Of course, I could be wrong...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CDNY1975 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:49 pm

i am thinking the same, bad move on that trade getting LT & Driver, CJ is starting to hook up more with Palmer, although i have to say your wrong about Driver his last 3 games he has over 300 yds & 3 TDs.....i feel the same way about Lewis , he is well rested & looking to do damage, thats Why i traded LT2 in a deal to get Lewis as i posted earlier
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:43 pm

CDNY1975 wrote:i am thinking the same, bad move on that trade getting LT & Driver, CJ is starting to hook up more with Palmer, although i have to say your wrong about Driver his last 3 games he has over 300 yds & 3 TDs.....i feel the same way about Lewis , he is well rested & looking to do damage, thats Why i traded LT2 in a deal to get Lewis as i posted earlier

i don't know about Favre's ability to stay focused now that his wife has cancer... (i know... when his dad died, yada yada yada...), and not to mention his last game was against Dallas, who, as I have come to terms with, sucks against the pass with Tony Dixon starting at SS, and Jaques Reeves (or is it TWyrone Williams?) starting at CB.... when Woodson gets back, we'll be a lot better, methinks.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bucswinitall » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:47 pm

You are both wrong. Baltimore has a terrible offense and it doesn't matter how much hype there is around Lewis being healthy or rested, they never get a chance to run unless the D bails them out. With Ogden being hurt, that really ruins their running game (see week 1). Also, the teams in CJ's division know how to shut him down and its likely that he'll never be single covered again thanks to Chump's game film. Because of thinkers like you, I was able to cash in. LT has a bye week 10 and will be fine by then if not after. As far as Driver goes, he has been more consistent than CJ, who has lost me games when he disappears.

I guess we'll see.
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk