How to improve this team?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How to improve this team??

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to improve this team??

Postby Vikings » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:34 pm

Any thoughts on what I can do as far as trades or waivers to improve this team. The waivers are pretty well picked through with 12 teams.

Scoring is 6 pts. touchdown
1 pt. per 10 yards recieving and rushing
QB - 1 pt. every 25 yrds. throwing plus TD's
Defense includes special teams touchdowns I believe, 2 pts. for sacks and picks.

Thanks!

Active
Culpepper, Daunte QB CAR 5 23 20 ActiveReserve (Bench)
George, Eddie RB CLE 7 15 5 ActiveReserve (Bench)
James, Edgerrin RB @HOU 4 15 14 ActiveReserve (Bench)
Johnson, Keyshawn WR STL 10 6 9 ActiveReserve (Bench)
Bruce, Isaac WR @TB 8 7 9 ActiveReserve (Bench)
Shockey, Jeremy TE SEA 7 8 5 ActiveReserve (Bench)
Akers, David K DAL 6 10 7 ActiveReserve (Bench)
Chargers DT @ARI 8 28 0 ActiveReserve (Bench)

Reserves
Stewart, Kordell QB BYE 3 16 0 ActivateReserve
White, Jamel RB @TEN 10 7 0 ActivateReserve
Ismail, Qadry WR @HOU 4 11 8 ActivateReserve
Morgan, Quincy WR @TEN 10 16 7 ActivateReserve
Stallworth, Donte' WR @CHI 9 12 0 ActivateReserve
McMichael, Randy TE NYJ 8 8 6
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikings » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:33 pm

I'm not doing very well in this league....

My wide recievers I think are good, but they aren't performing well as of yet.... Key the major disappointment....

I don't have much depth beyond my starting RB's and I'm worried about George and his injury.

Should I trade Culpepper, my most valuable player, and try to pick up a running back like Williams or Deuce? Or should I trade George off?
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:53 pm

There doesn't seem to be any dissapointments on this team.George hasn't had the stellar week we've been waiting for,but other than that your team looks great.
n_tremain23

Postby aquaman » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:26 pm

I think you need help at RB. On paper it looks great; but, I'd be wary of EGeorge's injury if I were you. He's had problems with his feet for a while... I think the Titans are quietly nervous about that. On top of that, even though Edge is supposedly healthy, he still went thru a major surgery last year... I think you need a quality RB as a backup definitely... maybe a starter-quality RB like Pittman (he's undervalued right now because of his ham problems and the off. having temporarily stalled). I would trade one of your starting WR's for a starter caliber RB.. and play Stallworth at your other starting WR spot. Or a 2x2 trade ......ie IBruce and JWhite FOR Pittman and Thrash
aquaman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Questi4110 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:51 pm

trade keyshawn and george for a good RB and play quincy morgan in keyshawn's spot and then pick up a WR from FA (they have the most abundance so shouldn't be hard picking up a fairly good one).
Questi4110
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dmeff66 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:50 pm

looks pretty solid to me - especially in a 12team league. if i had to pick one potential weak spot, i'd say it's george. he showing signs of improving over last year, but perhaps you could do a little better here. bench is real strong - which'll make it tough to trade. see if you can find someone with two stud runningbacks & a weak wr core. maybe a george/stallworth deal. i also wouldn't hesitate to take a small hit at te to get a better back. realistically the te points dont make/break you anyway. there's usually 2-3 te on the fa wire that could fit the bill.

george/stallworth
or
george/shockey.........for a little better back perhaps.

good luck.
dmeff66

Friendliness: %

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:00 pm

You have a fine team. I play in all 12 team leagues myself, and it's hard to put together a good squad. Here's what I would do:

1. Pick up Mike Green off of the waiver wire. He's George's backup, and you might need him. Moe Williams is also available in most leagues. He looks to supplant Bennett at RB in Minnesota.

2. Trade away Randy McMichael and Isaac Bruce for another RB. Michael Pittman was a good suggestion. Throw in Jamel White if they need him. There is no reason to carry two tight ends in a 12 man league. You can get something for the rookie when he's hot, so do so. Bruce is a solid #2, but you've got Morgan and Stallworth. No one wants Keyshawn anymore, but he's still a good WR.

3. Don't trade Eddie George for a pound of beans. If he comes back healthy and tears you up one week, you'll be sorry. If he's out for the year, you're s.o.l. either way. Don't risk it yet. He's still a good back.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Vikings » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:08 am

Thanks for all of the info. everyone... I looked through my options and see one that looks like a possibility, although I don't think he'll do it.

Keyshawn and McMichael for Ahman Green

He needs a TE pretty badly it looks like. I thought with Green hurt he might be interested, but I don't think he'll go for that one.... Pittman is on his team as well, so I could go that route maybe....
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk