Flowers Suspended. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

Flowers Suspended.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flowers Suspended.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:29 pm

AP

Denver Broncos safety Lee Flowers was suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's steroid policy
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:17 am

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos safety Lee Flowers was suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's banned substances policy.

Flowers said he tested positive for ephedra, an over-the-counter stimulant that speeds the heart rate and constricts blood vessels, but wasn't aware the supplement was in his system. He said his positive test stemmed from a vitamin he took in December.

``Unfortunately, that vitamin had ephedra in it,'' Flowers said Saturday. ``I'm a little disappointed in myself because I did everything that's possible to take precautions and try not to put quote, illegal, substances in my body, but it is what it is.''

Glad he isnt a steeler anymore. :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Denver Broncos