FAULK very interesting article.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FAULK very interesting article....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Confluence » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:19 am

Faulk's best years are behind him. Most of his career has been played on turf, and now he is starting to show the effects of that. He said himself that the ankle will never be the same. Could he squeeze out another productive year? Sure. I just don't think he is a top 5 back, and certainly not #1.
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:52 am

[quote="Confluence"]Faulk's best years are behind him. Most of his career has been played on turf, and now he is starting to show the effects of that. quote]
Of course no one would pick a player bases solely on the strength of schedule in the last weeks. It is, however, one more facet to consider and may be the deciding factor, all things being equal. Also, Faulk is only 29 years old. I know that is mature for a rb, but great runners have longevity. And as far as I know there were some pretty good rbs that played on turf. Hmm…lets see…Sanders, Smith, Dickerson…They all had injuries along the way.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Confluence » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:26 pm

Sanders retired before injuries slowed him down...

Smith's 'fantasy' appeal faded big time as the injuries began to mount...

and Dickerson actually played on grass...
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Confluence » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:08 pm

Confluence wrote:Sanders retired before injuries slowed him down...

Smith's 'fantasy' appeal faded big time as the injuries began to mount...

and Dickerson actually played on grass...

A couple of notes on Dickerson. He did move to turf with the Colts during the '87 season, then had a good year in '88. In '89 he started to feel the pain of playing on turf but managed to tough out an okay year. Then in '90 & '91' he could not shake the injury bug.

He was never the same runner after a few seasons on turf. I don't think he ever hit 1,000 yards after '89.
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hwaterboys » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:32 pm

I played college basketball. I have had several ankle sprains, even broke my ankle once. With my ankles they never fully healed. They still havn't fully healed and I havn't played college ball for 2 years now. I don't expect them to ever heal. However by taping them up tight I was able to play at the same level as before. Sometimes they were weaker and sometimes I tweaked them but I was always able to play.

I agree with marshall, his ankles are never going to be the same, but I personnally do not see it affecting his game. Marshall is a smart guy, He has said many times that he wants to have a successful bussiness life after football. If he didn't feel that he could play at a High level then I think that he would retire. I would much rather take a chance on a guy that has proved his greatness time and again than to take a chance on some other mediocre guy developing into an allstar.
hwaterboys
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby springfield atoms » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:08 pm

in two of the three keeper leagues i am in i have marshall. in the other two leagues i am in, he will definately be in my top five.

to me, he was injured, but didn't show many signs of being washed up last season
geaux atoms!
homer jay simpson
springfield football atoms
springfield atoms
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Confluence » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:40 pm

I don't think anyone used the term 'washed up'. I just don't think he will break the 2,000 total yard mark, and I don't think he will see 20 TDs in one season again.

But then, what do I know??? I'm probably just bitter about taking him #1 last year.
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk