WR - RB combo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR - RB combo

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR - RB combo

Postby Flux » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:43 am

There is always a lot of talk about the QB-WR and its good points and bad. But what about the WR-RB combo?

I think it can hurt in ways as the QB-WR can hurt, but sometimes you need to take the best player there regardless of who they play for. In one of my drafts i ended up w/ KRob and Alexander, both the best players left at that point imo, so i took them. At first i wasnt even thinking about them being on the same team, i was just happy to get 2 good players.

Notable combos:
LT-Boston
Edge-Harrison
Alexander-KRob
Henry-Moulds
Deuce-Horn
Faulk-Holt/Bruce
Dillon-Chad Johnson
Ahman-Driver

im sure im forgetting some, but those are just some examples. Do any of you think its just a terrible thing to have? I know it will hurt on that teams bye week, but at least its only 1 week where you are going to struggle instead of possibly 2.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:06 am

As long as it is a combo from a high scoring team you have nothing to worry about. Of course, you are going to hate it when Darrell Jackson gets his touchdowns.

A combo that I like is a QB-RB combo. You might think it parrallels a RB-WR combo, but it doesn't, it is much better (well, with teh right people). Two seasons ago I had Brett Favre and Ahman Green, and it was great. Every time I saw that Green Bay got a TD, 95% of the time one of the two had something to do with the it. Plus there is always the double bonus when Favre throws to Green for a TD. Since GB scored a lot of TDs that year, I knew I was good for three TDs a game from the Favre-Green combo.

As for your RB-WR combo, just because you see that Seattle got a touchdown, it's no guarantee that it came from either Alexander or K-ROB. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you though, they will give you plenty of good weeks, it will only come back to haunt you for a few weeks out of the year.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby schachterGOFINS » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:44 am

Ricky-Chambers?
If u weight out the pros and the cons its about equal i wouldnt mind haveing a good wr/rb combo
schachterGOFINS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:54 am

i dont really like the wr-rb combos... just feels like putting too many eggs in one basket. im not going to go out of my way to avoid it, but im not going to go out of my way to get it either. i just pick the best available players.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:26 am

terpfan wrote:i dont really like the wr-rb combos... just feels like putting too many eggs in one basket. im not going to go out of my way to avoid it, but im not going to go out of my way to get it either. i just pick the best available players.

well put, something I would go out of my way to avoid is getting another player from that team.

Friendliness: %

Postby Adlaw » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:38 pm

terpfan wrote:i dont really like the wr-rb combos... just feels like putting too many eggs in one basket. im not going to go out of my way to avoid it, but im not going to go out of my way to get it either. i just pick the best available players.

Beautifully put and acurate to boot. ;-D
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sponge » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:40 pm

i like horn/duece and edge/harrison
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE, K, DEF
Standard 12-Man Auction League
9-3 Record

QB - C. Newton, J. Flacco
RB - R. Rice, M. Jones-Drew, M. Tolbert, C.J. Spiller, D. Karim
WR - L. Fitzgerald, W. Welker, J. Graham, L. Moore
K - S. Gostkowski
DEF - Jets, Titans
Sponge
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:15 pm

Just for the reason of BYE weeks, I'd rather not have a RB/WR combo. I'd use it more to break ties between two players I thought to be pretty even though. Obviously I'd rather have Edge/Harrison than Edge/Moulds for instance.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk