When to draft defensive players? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When to draft defensive players?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When to draft defensive players?

Postby Josh Weed » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:56 am

I have never played in a league with defensive players. When should I start thinking about picking them. In a yahoo h2h league we have 2 DL and 2 DB. The points look like fairly standard defensive points settings. Also, after deciding when to draft these players, who are you guys looking for to have break out seasons for defensive players. All opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Josh Weed » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:45 pm

any ideas?
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:09 pm

Assuming something in the neighborhood of a point per tackle compared with one per 15 yards rushing or receiving, I'd start thinking about defenders in round four or so, but wait just a bit longer to grab one. When defensive players are taken varies far more from league to league than is the case for players on offense, so you'll have to be flexible; as a ballpark estimate, the big names often start going off the board around rounds 5-7...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk