Drew Brees is a top-10 QB. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Brees is a top-10 QB.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drew Brees is a top-10 QB.

Postby kcs261 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:12 pm

This guy has totally taken his game to the next level. I grabbed this guy off the WW a few weeks back had him in my lineup today. Man, this guy just rocks the house. I don't care if it was Oakland. He was scoring like a millionaire in a whore house today. It was just too easy.

Brees is a top-10 QB.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schwalbach » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:14 pm

Exactly. It was too easy. I could've scored on that defense :)

He is good, maybe top 10, but on overall performance, Mcnabb, Manning, Cpepp are head and shoulders above(with moss, then Cpepp and Manning are head and shoulders above mcnabb :P)
schwalbach
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:15 pm

He is a PIMP in a brothel.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:16 pm

I've been singing his praises since day 1 now...

too bad he'll be playing for someone else at the end of the season.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kcs261 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:18 pm

Not only does he throw for TDs, not throw INTs, but he also got 21 yards on the ground. That's an added bonus for a QB.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:28 pm

In one of my leagues, I start two two quarterbacks. I drafted Trent Green and Brad Johnson. I picked up Drew Brees off the waiver wire the day after the draft; the other managers in the league mocked me at first but are publicly envious now!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby LBJackal » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:32 pm

He had 1 TD and one INT the past 2 weeks... now he gets 5 against Oakland and he's top 10 :-?

I'm surprised everybody seems to agree with this assumption. He plays New Orleans next, and then Oakland again, so he'll have a couple more good weeks but after that, I wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him. Adding McCardell helps, btu I don't think he'll be able to get away with having his TE as his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. I hope he does though, because I have Gates on my main team ;-D
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:35 pm

lbjackal wrote:He had 1 TD and one INT the past 2 weeks... now he gets 5 against Oakland and he's top 10 :-?

I'm surprised everybody seems to agree with this assumption. He plays New Orleans next, and then Oakland again, so he'll have a couple more good weeks but after that, I wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him. Adding McCardell helps, btu I don't think he'll be able to get away with having his TE as his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. I hope he does though, because I have Gates on my main team ;-D

I agree with you but hey, he's the man of the moment and I'm right on the bandwaggon.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby merc » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:40 pm

I got him off the WW and I won't give him up. Today, he subbed for Bulger, on bulgers bye week, and he will be hard pressed to get him outta the starting 2 QBs. I also got McCardell off the wire, and started him this week too... so I got a douible hit when the Brees/McCardell connection hit for 6.

Anyway, don't trade him if he is your second in a one QB start league or is your third in your 2 QB start league... unless your starters are Manning, McNabb, CPepp, and also Carr.

Please help me too: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 265#637265
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:41 pm

lbjackal wrote:He had 1 TD and one INT the past 2 weeks... now he gets 5 against Oakland and he's top 10 :-?

consider the source, jackal... he is a pocket QB with few solid receivers (McCardell is solid, as is Gates. But Parker is inconsistant... not to say he won't be solid one day). He has done nothing but prove his doubters wrong... and prove his spot as the starter on his team. He has proved his trade worth/contract worth to whatever team he goes to.

Where will he go? I think maybe KC... Baltimore... Dallas (yay!)... Oakland... I don't know. But wherever he does go, he'll prove his worth.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk