Drew Brees is a top-10 QB. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Brees is a top-10 QB.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:49 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Where will he go? I think maybe KC... Baltimore... Dallas (yay!)... Oakland... I don't know. But wherever he does go, he'll prove his worth.

Um, Green Bay anyone? :-?

He could easily be the next "gunslinging" QB over there. Remember when he threw 70 times in college (and he may have done it twice)? The guy can throw around and throw it far, which is exactly how Favre has been making a living for over 10 years.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:52 pm

lbjackal wrote:He had 1 TD and one INT the past 2 weeks... now he gets 5 against Oakland and he's top 10 :-?

I'm surprised everybody seems to agree with this assumption. He plays New Orleans next, and then Oakland again, so he'll have a couple more good weeks but after that, I wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him. Adding McCardell helps, btu I don't think he'll be able to get away with having his TE as his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. I hope he does though, because I have Gates on my main team ;-D
Why, Gates is a bonafide stud. Trent Green does it all the time.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:54 pm

Brees is a great example of how you just have to give a QB time. There were alot of people hating on him before the season, im sure a few of you guys were :-?

Qbs take time, and Brees has a nice career ahead wherever he goes.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:09 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Where will he go? I think maybe KC... Baltimore... Dallas (yay!)... Oakland... I don't know. But wherever he does go, he'll prove his worth.

Um, Green Bay anyone? :-?

He could easily be the next "gunslinging" QB over there. Remember when he threw 70 times in college (and he may have done it twice)? The guy can throw around and throw it far, which is exactly how Favre has been making a living for over 10 years.

Man... I can't believe I forgot GB! Good point, Brees would fit Green Bay like the pants of a man with five (*ahem*)... like a glove. But also, even though I love this guy and no one seems to care, what about Timmy Chang to GB? 14 more yards, and he'll beat Ty Detmer's all-time collegiate passing yardage.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:27 pm

I don't think I am ready to say he is a top 10. But he is playing very well. He had a huge day today, and the addition of McCardell is going to help him out tremendously.

Also, today showed Gates and McCardell may be able to co-exist and both players can get numbers.

With Manning, Culpepper, McNabb entrenched as the top 3. That only leaves room for 7 more, and at this point would be tough to give a spot to Brees. But a few more games like today would make it much easier.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:30 pm

I think FF wise, he is top ten. But skill wise, he still merits a spot, in my opinion.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kcs261 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:30 am

The great thing about Brees is everybody is so scared of LT2 that they don't respect the passing game. Maybe at a certain point, teams will respect the pass? But until that happens, Brees will be able to burn teams on a consistent basis. And with McCardell and Gates, he has two great options in the passing game, not to mention that LT2 can grab balls out of the backfield and Parker isn't bad as well. I really like Marty ball. The guy can coach. And the San Diego team can really make a playoff push.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 550 Dean » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:26 am

Okay- I'm officially on the drew Brees bandwagon and off the Mewelde Moore and Reuben Droughns bandwagon this week. This Brees kid is the goods- he has the ability to throw a very ugly spiral mind you but I like how he plays within his limits.

You can't forget Eric Parker- did you see that tippie toe catch down the right sideline?

Competition always spurs performance, I say keep that Rivers kid around to motivate our Boilermaker!
12 Team Keeper League- 3 Players

QB- Brees, Delhomme, Griese
RB- Portis, Martin, C Brown, O Smith, S Jackson, Duckett
WR- TO, McCariens, Bruce
D- Ravens,
TE- Witten
550 Dean
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:40 am

Brees is playing very well but he is certainly not a top 10 QB. His numbers are good but not great. Much to my dismay apparently all you have to do to boost your numbers is play the Raiders.

I would equate Brees (if he carries onthis way) to Hasselbeck last year... the next coming and the Hawks are going to the Superbowl. Well, Hass is average. Always has been and so is Brees. DOn't get me wrong.... I played him today thankfully but just don't expect top 10 numbers out of him.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:28 am

Brees is this year's Kitna. He has an upstart QB behind him who he knows will be the starter next year because they traded so much to get him; he's essentially their #1 pick. Brees is showcasing his stuff and making a debut for other teams.

He certainly is playing like a top 10 QB (10 TDs the past 3 games) and I'm glad I picked him up off the ww. Having McCardell is a big plus for him and he has been successful even with a hobbled LT in the lineup. It could even be because LT is less than 100% that Brees is having to air it out more, but I don't think so because Chatman has been able to come in and play.

I think "top 10" changes about every few weeks for most players except for the few elites that hold onto the top spot throughout the years. Currently, Brees is a top 10 in terms of FF production, but that could go up or down in the next few weeks, too.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk