Drew Brees is a top-10 QB. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Brees is a top-10 QB.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:34 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
lbjackal wrote:He had 1 TD and one INT the past 2 weeks... now he gets 5 against Oakland and he's top 10 :-?

I'm surprised everybody seems to agree with this assumption. He plays New Orleans next, and then Oakland again, so he'll have a couple more good weeks but after that, I wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him. Adding McCardell helps, btu I don't think he'll be able to get away with having his TE as his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. I hope he does though, because I have Gates on my main team ;-D
Why, Gates is a bonafide stud. Trent Green does it all the time.

Is Trent Green a top 10 QB?

Brees had a great week, and he's closing in on top 10, but not yet IMO.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:41 am

Mad B,

while I definitely agree that the Top 10 is an ever-fluxuating group, and that he is preforming so well because he has a young QB ready to replace him, I also feel compelled to add that Brees is also a young QB, and he is just beginning to develop. Whichever team is lucky enough to get Brees is getting a d@mn good QB, with a lot of potential. I believe Brees has more upside than what he's showing so far.

Once he gets out of Marty Ball... maybe plays for a team with some decent QB protection (Kansas City/Green Bay?), he could grow into a stud uttered in the same breath as McNair (last year's McNair...) or Hasslebeck. In reality, as far as complete QBs go (and I know I'll get it for this one), the Chargers definitely got the better end of the Vick/Tomlinson deal, because Brees was still open at QB at the first pick of the 2nd. And yes, I believe Brees will be a bigger stud than Rockem Socken Vick in years to come...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:45 am

mad benjamin wrote:He certainly is playing like a top 10 QB (10 TDs the past 3 games)

He has 6 TD's in the past 3. He did next to nothing against Carolina and Atlanta.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FFCrazy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:23 am

I made a trade for him in my league. No biggy, I just gave up McCardell who I had picked up off of waivers a couple of weeks back.

If you look at his schedule, in the next 6 weeks he's got the Saints, Oakland again, and the Chiefs for easy points. He also has a BYE, Denver and Tampa for probably crappy points.

But.......during the ever so crucial play-off weeks 15, 16, and 17, he plays against the Browns, the Colts, and Kansas City again.

I think he's a great pick-up if you can get him cheap.
FFCrazy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:31 pm

FFCrazy wrote:I made a trade for him in my league. No biggy, I just gave up McCardell who I had picked up off of waivers a couple of weeks back.

If you look at his schedule, in the next 6 weeks he's got the Saints, Oakland again, and the Chiefs for easy points. He also has a BYE, Denver and Tampa for probably crappy points.

But.......during the ever so crucial play-off weeks 15, 16, and 17, he plays against the Browns, the Colts, and Kansas City again.

I think he's a great pick-up if you can get him cheap.
The schedule is exactly why I grabbed him FFCrazy. Granted anything can happen but if LT2 gets healthy, they should be able to continue to roll and his numbers should stay at least around the 225 yd. 2 TD range. McCardell was a very nice pickup for this team. He is a legitimate WR threat that they really didn't have. I don't know that I've seen a guy like him come in and contribute like he has to a team so soon after a trade.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjdub » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:35 pm

I think this is a crazy stat from Brees this week:
He had more TDs than incompletions (5 to 3)
as far as I can tell that hasn't been done before in the NFL (the closest thing I can find is Simms in the SB with 3 to 3)
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Da Host » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:08 pm

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Dont get too far ahead of your self heres my top ten list right now
Daunte
Peyton
Donavon
Tom Brady
Leftwich
Rothelisberger
Testeverde
You know what I guess your right. He does fit in there ;-D

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby ljthockey » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:17 pm

After that millonare in a whorehouse saying was used on pigskin addiciton Ive seen users say it here at least 5 or 6 times real orginal eh?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:11 pm

Da Host wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa. Dont get too far ahead of your self heres my top ten list right now
Daunte
Peyton
Donavon
Tom Brady
Leftwich
Rothelisberger
Testeverde

i was wondering about that... i was like... hmm... that doesn't LOOK like ten names...

But Vinny at 7? I'm a Cowboys fan, and even I think that's lunacy.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ljthockey » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:24 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Da Host wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa. Dont get too far ahead of your self heres my top ten list right now
Daunte
Peyton
Donavon
Tom Brady
Leftwich
Rothelisberger
Testeverde

i was wondering about that... i was like... hmm... that doesn't LOOK like ten names...

But Vinny at 7? I'm a Cowboys fan, and even I think that's lunacy.

How does everyone overlook Bulger he was the leader in passing yards the week before his bye.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk