seattle O-line/ alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

seattle O-line/ alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

seattle O-line/ alexander

Postby TyceBunn » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:29 pm

i remember last year after pre-season , seattles o-line was in rough shape. they were really banged up and i feel it played a major role in alexanders innefectiveness/erradic play through the season. any insight/info people may have on this issue for the upcoming season would be greatly appreciated...i have the 6th pick in a 12 man keeper & i have a feeling hes gunna fall to me.
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:46 pm

tribnet.com

Left tackle. Pro Bowl starter Walter Jones appears headed toward another missed training camp. His contract dispute is the primary issue facing the Seahawks.

Jones skipped the first two regular-season games last season. He could miss at least that many this year.

The Seahawks have better depth on the offensive line this season, but the line isn't nearly as good without Jones. Chris Terry solved any lingering questions at right tackle, allowing Floyd Womack to lend a hand on the left side if needed.

Michael Thompson, acquired from Atlanta in a trade, gives line coach Tom Lovat another option in Jones' absence. Staying healthy is Thompson's biggest concern.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:06 pm

and i think steve hitchinson and another one of their bg guys have had injury trouble... its certainly not a great plus for alex at the moment.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:09 pm

Seattle's in pretty good oline status as of right now.

Chris Terry was the FA move of the year for the Hawks last season. Steve Hutchinson (LG) will be back from missing 12 games. Chris McIntosh (OT) who had only played in like 20 games in 3 years was finally released.

Walter Jones not in training camp is like the migration of birds flying south for the winter. You can count on it every year like clock work. Yeah we'd love to see him in uniform every game ...but it never happens.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:29 pm

awwchrist wrote:Walter Jones not in training camp is like the migration of birds flying south for the winter. You can count on it every year like clock work. Yeah we'd love to see him in uniform every game ...but it never happens.

unfortunately i remember owning alexander early last year when wlater was out and he was terrible... i dont know if we should expect that to be any better this time around.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:38 pm

terpfan wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Walter Jones not in training camp is like the migration of birds flying south for the winter. You can count on it every year like clock work. Yeah we'd love to see him in uniform every game ...but it never happens.

unfortunately i remember owning alexander early last year when wlater was out and he was terrible... i dont know if we should expect that to be any better this time around.

well we didn't have Chris Terry signed early. That was a huge difference.

we're in much better shape to handle ANOTHER Jones hold out versus last year.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Azrael » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:26 pm

off subject, hey terp, ever notice that Arrington is not in the Madden games (if you happen to play these games). The guy on the Redskins that is supposed to be him is just shown as #56. Is this because he is not in the players' union?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:33 pm

Az,we discussed that a few weeks back...
...Check it Out.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:21 pm

by the way, the latest reported contract offer from Seattle managment to Walter Jones and his devil agent Roosevelt Barnes was a 6.2 mil/year , 13.5 mil signing bonus.

this offer would make Jones the 2nd richest OT, only behind arguably the best OT in the game, Jonathan Ogden, who makes 6.8/year with a 16 mil signing bonus.

Guess who the agent is for Ogden?

Yup.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:39 pm

oops! just found this:

( great freaking news even if it is premature )

http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/03/7/26/17260137.cfm

CHENEY - When the veterans reported for Seattle Seahawks training camp on Friday, it came as no surprise that Walter Jones was not among them.

OK, now for the surprising news.

Jones, the Seahawks' 29-year-old left tackle, might actually set foot on Eastern Washington University's campus in the near future.

Without getting into specifics, agent Roosevelt Barnes said Friday that he expects his client to get under contract in the coming days. Still without a long-term deal, Jones skipped all of training camp in 2002 as well as the first two games of the regular season.

"I'm pretty optimistic we can get something done before things get rolling," Barnes said via telephone Friday morning as Seahawks veterans were reporting for camp.

Asked to specify whether that meant Jones would be under contract for the Sept. 7 regular season opener, Barnes said: "Maybe in time for the first practice of (training) camp. It's just a gut feeling more than anything."

Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk