Premature celebrations! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Premature celebrations!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Premature celebrations!

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:29 am

Sportscenter showed a few of the good ones last night due to the Jabar Gaffney gaffe this weekend.

My absolute favorite of all time was the high school game with Plano East. They were down like 4 TD's, got 4 onside kicks and came all the way back to lead the game, and then on the next kickoff the other team runs it back for a TD...

I first saw that clip on the Today show about 10 years ago...I could not stop laughing, and I can still remember the whole play by play:

"No! No! No! Oh my gosh, no! Come on, no! Ohhhh, noooo!"

"You know what, I'm sick...I'm gonna throw up." :-b :-b :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:01 am

Best College Game:

Nothing quite beats the old Cal v. Stanford game with the marching band coming out on the field early. I never really grow tired of watching that last play.

Best Pro Game:

I'm certain the Bills thought they'd wrapped up the Wild Card game from '99 when the Music City Miracle happened. I just love watching Wade Phillips just lose it after watching Kevin Dyson run that one all the way back.

Worst Personal Performance:

Leon Lett needs to be on this list for his Super Bowl blunder a la Don Beebe. Celebrated, what he thought would have been a TD, just a little too early. Good lineman. Too bad he'll forever be remembered for two of the biggest blunders of all time.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:04 pm

When Plax spiked the ball before he was down a few years ago (I think it was against the Bengals since I recall watching it when it happened) and lost the fumble.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:34 pm

Premature celebrations?
Yeah, I remember a couple of those from my younger days. O:-) :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:50 pm

TTTBone wrote:Premature celebrations?

:-L aaaah, Carmen Electra
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:37 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Premature celebrations?

:-L aaaah, Carmen Electra

Never met the girl.
I do recall a girl named Laura, some sweet brown liquor, and a home-grown, brain-shrinking, personal striptease dance that would...
Well, that's an innappropriate story here.

*think about football, think about football... * :-o
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby ccjohnson23 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 am

how could anyone forget the Leon Lett premature celebration where Don Beebe swiped the ball in the Super Bowl.
Who dat, Who dat, Who dat say dey gone beat dem Saints?
ccjohnson23
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:40 pm

ccjohnson23 wrote:how could anyone forget the Leon Lett premature celebration where Don Beebe swiped the ball in the Super Bowl.

I didn't. It's a shame Lett, who was a fine player, will always be remembered for the Super Bowl blunder and the Dolphins blocked kick blunder.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:44 am

cant remember what team it was but is was an SEC game. The coach got splashed with gatorade and on the last play of the game the other team throws a hail mary and the defenders tip it right to the reciever and he runs in for a touchdown.

I had nightmares of this happening during the NEbraska Michigan game on that last play!!! :-o
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:02 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:cant remember what team it was but is was an SEC game. The coach got splashed with gatorade and on the last play of the game the other team throws a hail mary and the defenders tip it right to the reciever and he runs in for a touchdown.

I had nightmares of this happening during the NEbraska Michigan game on that last play!!! :-o

I feel like that was three years ago when Devery Henderson caught a late score from Marcus Randall to put LSU over Kentucky. In any case, certainly premature.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk