Anyone else have 'touched by an angel' team in their league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else have 'touched by an angel' team in their league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:14 pm

bungle613 wrote:Actually a cafe regular who will remain nameless has the gods with him this year. He's good anyways so the breaks bother me even more. 3 weeks ago his opponent forgets to put Moss back in his line up. He wins by 2 or 3 points. Happened at least 3 times this year so far.

The strangest one I've seen is this week playing me. A guy need a RB filler and we are a deep league... he grabs T. Fleming... I say who the hell is that? tenn RB... 50 yards and a td. WTF is that about? How the hell do you go to the WW and decide on T. Fleming? I still have no idea what his first name is!

lol sorry bungle. his name is Troy.lol
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:19 pm

clockerq wrote:stop whining and LIVE WITH IT!!!

positive attitude. :)
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby feverfive » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:42 pm

The top point-scoring team in my $$ league drafted Peyton & Alexander early, then took Tiki, CuMar & Javon Walker something like Rds 4-6. Amazing one team could hit the jackpot like that.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:24 pm

I'm 6-2 in spite of the fact my team has scored the 2nd or 3rd fewest points in the league. I catch everyone when they appear to be at their weakest. The guy I played this week had Jamal (suspended; I had Chester), Deuce (bye) and SDavis (out) as his RBs and was forced to go with the likes of Reshard Lee and Blaylock as his RBs and Porter, Driver and Evans as his WRs. Needless to say, due to the timing, I blew this guy away.

I have had my share of squeakers and have seen several times where if I had played any one else in the league, i'd have lost.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I fully expect my luck to change this week.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby wolvie111 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:41 pm

I am the team Kissed by the Angel of Death as well. I currently am 3-5, I scored the second highest points this week, but the guy I faced scored the highest points of the week. Last week I scored only 45 points. I have been cursed by Manning I tell u. I won the league championship 3 years ago starting Manning/Harrison, but never drafted any of them again. They have since released their anger at me killing me everytime I play a team that has them. I am currently 10 in a 12 team league. The next 3 weeks I face the first, second and third place teams, and they rank 1,2,3 in points scored as well. This is a long season for me.......
wolvie111
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:32 am

clockerq wrote:stop whining and LIVE WITH IT!!!

Whoa. Just fishin' for some stories here, man.

Say hi to Milton Bradley for me at your next anger-management class.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Touched or just lucky?

Postby saharafrog » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:48 am

6 - 2 and I've scored only 18 more points than my opponents have scored against me. Four of my victories were by 6, 7, 5 and 5 pts. And I've found myself on more than one Monday night praying for or against players I normally wouldn't care about.
saharafrog Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:19 pm

I am last in the league in points... and I'm 5-3.

I know... you hate me. Want to feel better?

I play in a conference league... where 8 teams are split up into two conferences. I am in the east conference. In the Big East, every team has a better record than those in the Wussy West. am third in my conference... so even though I have the 3rd best record... I will probably miss the playoffs.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Clockerq » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:56 pm

not angry hugh, just sick of so many people in sports whining when they get the short end of the stick. the breaks even out in the long run. too many people just complain when they get shafted but take all the credit when they win. its like playing poker,,,sometimes u get beat on the river and sometimes u win. your post is for WHINERS!
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Churches » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:04 am

Looks like someone is a bit angry after their undefeated team was spanked last weekend. Sorry clockerq.
Churches
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk