Who are some of the most Underrated players? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who are some of the most Underrated players?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who are some of the most Underrated players?

Postby kevster1 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:59 pm

It seems that every year their are players that go unnoticed for most of the year. It seems that every week you can read the supposed experts give you the standard Must start or must sit, and most times it is based on reputation, and not production. A good example is Jeff Garcia, his production has steadily increased over the year, but I bet most people would start Pennington over him even though Pennington has been dismal. Another example would be Ashley Lelie. He has been very good for most of the year. This does not even count the Pass interference calls that have gone against the defensive backs trying to cover him. I have watched many of the Denver games this year, and Lelie is blowing by db's on a weekly basis.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Like said before Bulger is very underated I also think McMichael is a underated tight end. Bruce hasnt had much hype this year and he has put up crazy numbers. And Javon Walker leads the league in receving yards and I dont see much topics about how he is good and what not.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:35 pm

Bulger is definitely under rated.

Jimmy Smith is probably my vote for most under rated WR.

Hard to under rate RB's, but Dunn and Staley have been doing pretty good this year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:03 pm

im throwing this out more as a "what do you think" than anything. I picked up Givens as a bye week fill in this week (hehe I won because of unless mcmichael goes off for 20+). Checking back over his stats, this is his second 100+ yard game in as many weeks. His 3rd for the year. In only one game this year has he gotten less than 4 receptions. (4/6/4/4/1/5/8). yet i read nothing about him. how do these stats rank up against some of the other wr's in the league?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:05 pm

proKrastinate wrote:im throwing this out more as a "what do you think" than anything. I picked up Givens as a bye week fill in this week (hehe I won because of unless mcmichael goes off for 20+). Checking back over his stats, this is his second 100+ yard game in as many weeks. His 3rd for the year. In only one game this year has he gotten less than 4 receptions. (4/6/4/4/1/5/8). yet i read nothing about him. how do these stats rank up against some of the other wr's in the league?

Not sure, but I do know that he's only had one reception this year that hasn't been for a first down...so you know he's probably getting some good yardage each time he touches the ball. Decent under rated fodder proK! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby coachdino » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:07 pm

David Carr and Antonio Gates. ;-D
coachdino
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:19 pm

Drew Brees-- putting up top 10 #'s but owners will start the conventional top 10 QB ahead of him.

Emmitt Smith- an oldie but a goodie. Should hit the 1000 yd. mark this year and at least 8 TDs.

Johnnie Morton- consistent if not spectacular

David Givens- see Johnnie Morton, only better.

Tim Rattay- only thing holding him back so far is injuries but has been great when he plays.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:19 pm

coachdino wrote:David Carr and Antonio Gates. ;-D

Who's been under-rating Gates? I haven't seen him listed with anything less than the #3 TE spot in any rankings...
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby s0meguy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:31 pm

Muhsin Muhammad - Everyone has such a hard on for Colbert, they over look what he's been doing. He's had 3 off weeks all year. The first was when Steve Smith was still in, the second was when he was matched up against Champ Bailey, and the third was just an abbaration. Every other week he's been a stud.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DUKE » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:49 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Jimmy Smith is probably my vote for most under rated WR.

Absolutely ;-D . I traded Henry for him a few weeks ago, and he was my "buy low" target in most of my leagues. I'm very happy I made that deal right about now B-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Next

Return to Football Talk