Def - Bucs, Jets

In this league you must carry 2 qb, 4rb, 4wr, 2te, 2k and 2d

In so saying I am being offered Randy Moss and A-Train for P.Holmes and J.Horn

Would you make this move?
TA

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:02 pm

If it was me,I would stick with the team you got.Horn will put up similiar numbers to Moss,Holmes will put up bigger numbers than A-Train.Stick with what you got and see what it will get you! ;-D
n_tremain23

Postby druku » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:17 pm

i say do it. You know moss will put up numbers, and A-Train will put up similar numbers to Holmes but will score alot more. Plus as winter comeslook for the bears to be more content in just pounding away with A-Train. Just look at his last 12 games last year.

Another thing is that The Saints offense is starting to utilize alot more weapons down there in new orleans. Which means less touces for horn. While moss is still the man in minnesota.
druku
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby aquaman » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:01 pm

I would DEFINITELY make that trade if I were you...

(1) I'll concede that Holmes has more value than Atrain; but,
(2) Moss has substantially more value over the course of this season than Horn does (even though Horn has done very well so far). The last replier (Druku?) mentioned that NO is spreading the ball out a lot. He's definitely correct; but, I 'd go even further in saying that they're just starting to work in Stallworth gradually. They're only giving him small sections of the playbook to work on each week... as the year goes by, Stallworth (whom you have anyway) will turn into a budding star and ROTY... while Horn will be good but not as good as his performance so far would indicate..
aquaman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

don't trade Holmes!

Postby Buc55 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:39 pm

I live in K.C. and there is no way I would trade Holmes for A.Thomas. Holmes is gonna near 30 touches per week, and with T. Green's inability to get the ball downfield, look for Holmes to catch at least 4 -7 balls per game out of the backfield. The fact that Holmes plays in a wide open offense also is a plus, and his ability to pop off a 60 or 70 yard run can't be overlooked. Expect 12-16 touchdowns from him, if not more. As for Moss, I don't think you can underestimate his laziness. When he feels like being the man, he will. With Horn, you know he always feels like he's got something to prove on the field. The emergence of McAllister is going to keep defenses honest, leaving Horn on the corner with some pretty weak NFC South defensive backs. STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!
Buc55

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:02 pm

Both sides make compelling arguments... You have to research all the players involved; the schedules, the byes, their supporting cast, and then determine what makes the most sense for your team.

Which player do you really want? Moss or Thomas?
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TA » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:21 pm

Damn guys, Im still undecided B-)

My fear of Holmes is that the Chiefs have no D and if they end up falling behind early, they wont go to Holmes as much.

My WR have been steady with yards, but lacking in the TD dept.

Still not sure what Im gonna do
TA

Postby druku » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:31 pm

i live in kansas city, and let me tell you trent green is so bad, and gives the chiefs no deep threat what so ever to stretch the defense. Expect every team to focus on stopping holmes, he is their only threat with green at QB. To compoud that, what you said about their defense is too true, they play in a great division, and play a tough schedule with NE and Miami next. so don't expect the chiefs to pound away with him.
druku
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:25 pm

dont make that trade holmes is better than atrain and horn is a top 5 WR

as for your concern of the chiefs getting behind thats where holmes makes the big difference hes such a huge recieving threat so he still gets touches just through the air instead of on the ground
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk