Leftwich done for the year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leftwich done for the year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikeydavison » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:33 pm

In case anyone's wondering, the reason this injury happened is because I started Leftwich in week 8.

It sounds far fetched, but bear with me. In the 4 games prior to that in which I started him, he'd been averaging 318 yards passing and had scored 6TDs (2 on the ground). Last week, he had 227 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT. A coincidence? I think not!

I'm now going to be a good citizen and warn all Harrington owners that I've dropped the injured Leftwich and picked up Harrington. Trust me, Joey is ready to get hit by a bus.
mikeydavison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby shockeyfan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 pm

So you think Jimmy Smith will be rendered useless?
Shockey is the MAN!
shockeyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bluto » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:25 pm

traded plax and K Jones for him last week (Jones was a bench guy luckily)....

the f'r didn't even get one point for me!!!

Luckily I just got ward back for clayton in a trade...hopefully Big ben will start hooking up w/him and get me some doubled up points...
bluto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

this blows

Postby JoeMoney19 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:49 pm

Leftwich has a torn ligament in his left knee and will be out four to six weeks, ESPNews reports.
JoeMoney19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:58 pm

Damn, that sucks. I like Lefty the Jags - I don't think they'll go far w/o him. :-°
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:00 pm

Maybe not?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6391721/

Jags deny Leftwich
has torn knee ligament
One report says quarterback
will be sidelined 4-6 weeks
Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich has completed 177 of 273 passes for 1,891 yards, nine touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.
SportsTicker
Updated: 3:57 p.m. ET Nov. 2, 2004JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Byron Leftwich once played a college football game with a fractured shin. So will a sprained left knee put the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback on the sidelines?

advertisement

ESPN is reporting that Leftwich will be out four to six weeks with torn ligaments in his left knee.

But the Jaguars announced Tuesday that Leftwich merely has a knee sprain and will rest through the week with the team enjoying a bye. He will then be re-evaluated on Monday before his status is updated.

Leftwich was hit on his left knee late in the first half of last Sunday’s 20-6 loss at Houston. He left for two plays before returning to complete the game, finished 25-of-40 for 227 yards with two interceptions.

Leftwich continued to experience soreness in the knee on Monday and underwent an MRI. On Tuesday, the Jaguars scheduled for him to meet in Alabama with Dr. James Andrews, who diagnosed the injury as a knee sprain.

The second quarterback selected in the 2003 draft, Leftwich has become known for his late-game heroics, leading the first-place Jaguars (5-3) to four game-winning drives in the final minute this season.

David Garrard, who briefly replaced Leftwich last Sunday, is the backup quarterback. Quinn Gray is the only other quarterback on the roster.

Leftwich has completed nearly 65 percent of his passes for 1,891 yards and nine touchdowns with seven interceptions this season.

One of the most prolific passers in college football history, Leftwich set Mid-American Conference career records for passing yards with 11,903. He also set an incredible standard for toughness, missing just one play after fracturing his left shin in a 2002 game against Akron. During the fourth quarter, he limped around on one leg and had to be carried downfield by his linemen after several long gains.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby drsteuss » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:15 pm

Leftwich is a warrior, but I'm going to trust the ESPN report. I dropped him for Garrard just now. Hopefully Tommy Brady can keep me the rest of the way.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tpetty6320 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:00 pm

i went to school while david was playing at ECU, watched him every college game, and he is better than leftwich. he likes to go deep and he can also run the hell out of the ball. look for a lot of rushes when he gets in trouble. he is as big as a lot of line backers.........
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:09 pm

I have to go with "no" on that one. Everyone seems better in person... you get caught up in the energy of the game while you're there.

I should know... I like Timmy Chang.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Gerrard better than Leftwich? Wow. Happy hour must have already started.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk