Leftwich done for the year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leftwich done for the year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sklingem » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:46 pm

I would wait and see...Rotowire is reporting a different take...don't drop Lefty yet!!!

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Tuesday, November 2, 2004
Update: Leftwich might not miss any action despite spraining the lateral collateral ligament in his left knee, coach Jack Del Rio told the Associated Press. Sports orthopedist James Andrews of Birmingham, Ala., examined Leftwich on Tuesday and determined the quarterback will not need surgery.

Recommendation: Leftwich has been told to rest the injury. Some players with the same injury have required four to six weeks of rest, but Del Rio said that rest during this week's bye might be enough. "We'll re-evaluate Monday and have a better sense of when Byron will be able to join us. We have not ruled out the Detroit Lions here at home," Del Rio said Tuesday. More word on Leftwich's status when we get it, but the injury might not be as serious as initially feared.

Updated on Tuesday, Nov 2, 2004 8:30 pm EST

As a current Lefty owner...I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
sklingem
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:41 pm

I always saw this.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=103444

for some reason he may not have to miss any time at all. now to scoop up leftwich in any leagues he was dropped in.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:19 am

shockeyfan wrote:So you think Jimmy Smith will be rendered useless?

I definitely think his value takes a big hit...though...
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby shockeyfan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26 am

[/quote]shockeyfan wrote:
So you think Jimmy Smith will be rendered useless?

I definitely think his value takes a big hit...though...

I question Smith because I have a pending trade:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=106863
Shockey is the MAN!
shockeyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby citti34 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:31 am

That's a shame. The Jags looked to become a contender. I traded Lefty last week, that's dirty for the other owner. :-)
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:59 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:"Garrard actually started a game or two as a rookie if I recall when Brunnell got hurt a few seasons back. He looked pretty good considering he was a rookie. He is similar in build to Lefty but more mobile and not quite as big of an arm. "

i can't believe some one would say garrard has a weaker arm! there is no one in the NFL that can throw farther. on a game covered by espn, syracuse vs. ecu , garrard threw 80 yards on the run! the commentator ' salsbury' said he had never seen anything like it...........
I'm really just going from memory on this. It's not a knock against Garrard but Lefty really packs a cannon. From what I saw of him as a rookie, he was fairly impressive.

As for Lefty's injury status, I too saw that they listed it as a sprain rather than a tear. If that's the case great news across the board.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk