Daunte C - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Daunte C

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: errr...

Postby citti34 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:28 am

matmat wrote:let's see.

moss draws double coverage and still beats it. Now let's see:

that opens up the run game (see numbers on Moore the last couple of weeks).

that allows robinson, buerlson etc. to enjoy single coverage and become very nice targets for cpepp.

moss on the field keeps the minnesota offense on the field, which lets the defence REST which allows it to be more effective.

moss makes that team. culpepper is good, but without a decent target he becomes just another scrambling QB.

This is very true. Only one team has blown up the NY Gmen this season in the air (Hint: the cockiest guy ever plays as the WR on the team) We all know Moss is the man in Min, but I don't think Pep should get the shaft already. Take away Holmes O line(starters), you'll get the same result, he's a stud, but many backs in the league would be scoring with that same line.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:35 pm

Estarr01 wrote:Without Moss these are my rankings

Manning
McNabb
Brees (who would have ever expected that)
Plummer
Favre
Bulger
Carr
Brooks
C-pepp

So depending on who your backups are I would look at playing matchups.

That's just retarded ranking Brees and Plummer way up there because they threw their asses off for one game. Culpepper has 1 bad game and you drop him all the way down there just because he doesn't have Moss.

He should be able to throw effectively the next 2 weeks even without Moss, especially against Indy who boasts the worst passing defense in the league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mah2002 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:55 pm

Culpepper started off better than any quarterback in history, 3 of his first 5 games w/ 5 td passes was just insane with or without that moss guy. Even when moss comes back I Dont think culpepper will come close to what he did earlier in the season.

work4beerz wrote:Hmmm... Brilliant!
A quarterback isn't as good as when he has his best reciever...
How good would these be without these.
--------------------McNabb--- Owens (remember last year)
--------------------Manning--- Harrison
--------------------Favre------ Javon Walker
--------------------Bulger----- Holt

I think this is true for certain quarterbacks. Just look at what roy williams has done for joey Harrington, but in favres and Mannings case I think its more of how good would their recievers be without them.
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby citti34 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:23 pm

People are so impulsive about the stats of a player based on a week or 2. Come on people, nobody in their right mine would pick Breez over Pep. Brees has a a huge birth mark on his face, that's the only reason I would pick him.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:15 am

Don't even start doubting or hating Daunte. ...

He's had what.. 2 weeks of putting up average QB numbers? He hasn't had a BAD game yet. and people are thinking of jumping off his bandwagon?

Please!! I suppose LT might be washed up because he hasn't posted big numbers lately either?

It does have a lot to do with missing Randy Moss, but it also has to do with the other teams. In spite of all this, Culpepper still put up respectable numbers. I'm impressed by that not worried about it.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:30 pm

True...all of us Culpepper owners are eager to get a healthy Moss back into the offense...

but dont worry too much about Moss sitting out Monday night...

even a Heap-less Boller could exploit the Colt secondary

as much as Randy would love to bask in the limelight of Monday night ....I pray he shows up in street clothes so that he stands a better chance of coming back 100% the following week
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby steelyeri » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:55 pm

Part of it is that if you take moss out of the equation the vikes receivers are crap. kinda like the eagles without T.O. but to a lesser degree. Indy is a different story, since they have 3 great receivers. Cpepp is still the best QB in the league. ESPECIALLY fantasy wise. I can't beleive people still doubt this even after his insane comp%, TDs, QB rating, etc. that he's put up so far. He's on pace to have the best season for a QB EVER! I have a really hard time believing people are still doubting him. Everyone has a bad game or two. He will have a BIG game this week I am willing to bet. Maybe even another 5 TD game, even without Moss.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:15 pm

i wouldnt say a moss-less recieving core is crap. we still have MRob and Burleson and even Campbell is homerun threat everytime he touches the ball. Plus Wiggins is a good TE. Moss is the MVP of the team, teams dedicate a whole side of the field to the man. CPepp is a great QB as wel and will post better numbers this week against the Colts, remember he still tore apart the Saints without Moss in the second half and he played a good game against the Titans but it was a more ball control offence. his game against the giants was really his only poor game. start pepp and stop doubting the inferno.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ek » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:20 pm

The loss of Moss makes that offense completely different, and this only exacerbates the fact that Daunte isn't exactly money down the stretch. I like him for fantasy WITH Moss, but I'm not convinced the Vikings would be much worse with an average QB, or, better yet, someone who can actually go an entire game without turning the ball over :-[ . I said this at the time, and trading CPepp 2 weeks ago for a decent QB and a stud RB would have been a great move. I'd consider benching him if you have a Carr/Brees calibur backup, but not against Indy. There are going to be 8 or 10 passing TDs in that game :-) .
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dirtbags » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:28 pm

Estarr01 wrote:Without Moss these are my rankings

Manning
McNabb
Brees (who would have ever expected that)
Plummer
Favre
Bulger
Carr
Brooks
C-pepp

So depending on who your backups are I would look at playing matchups.

The Giants have always played Culpepper tough with or without Moss.

"C'mon, Sandy baby, loosen up. You're too tight."
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk