Sleeper WRs and general strat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper WRs and general strat

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper WRs and general strat

Postby 2times » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:15 am

Drafting later tonite, I've never done a football league before, but most of u from the baseball cafe will recognize me.

On to my question though, what WRs will have the best value in the rounds 6-12?

In my league we're starting 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 TE, and 1 D, so I'm looking to lock up my QB/RB situation in the first 5 rounds, thinking that WR is the least predictable position offensively (and QB the shallowest) . Does anybody have any advice on sleepers I might be able to get this late in the draft and what do you think of my strategy to wait on the WR until later in the draft?
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:23 am

Generally, this sounds quite good, but don't let a stud WR drop too far. Guys like Amani Toomer or Plaxico Burress can have good value in the middle rounds, maybe you can get Chris Chambers, there are a lot of guys worth picking and in most leagues you don't have to gamble on injury risks, just pick the safe ones like Toomer who produce year in, year out
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:23 am

I DON'T KNOW IF MANY WILL AGREE BUT I HAVE A FEELING PEERLESS PRICE COULD BE THE BIGGEST SLEEPER AT WR THIS YEAR. HE CAME OUT PRETTY WELL LAST YEAR AND NOW HE HAS BLEDSOE TO THROW THE DEEP BALL TO HIM. HE ALSO HAS MOULDS OPPOSITE HIM ALLOWING HIM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MATCH UPS. IF HE'S AVAILABLE LATE GRAB HIM AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY. ALSO LOOK AT MOULDS I THINK THEY WILL BE A GREAT WR UNIT THIS YEAR.
Bubba08

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:57 am

Don't forget about Ed McCaffrey. With a bit of luck, he'll slip more than he should, and make a nice mid-round find.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KnightsFB » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:53 pm

If you are looking for a good mid-round WR, look no further than Robert Ferguson of the Packers. Opposite Terry Glenn, many think he is sure to have a breakout season. Also, with Glenn's questionable durability, who knows, Ferguson may become the go-to guy for Brett Favre, who is still in my mind a premier fantasy QB.
KnightsFB
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby hawkeye » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:27 pm

Don't leave out some of the rookiees this year either...I think D'Wayne Bates (Min) / Javon Walker (GB) look promising...And even Peter Warrick (Cin) would be a good sleeper...My league just drafted the same way you described and we still have Warrick, Morton, Gardner, and Troy Brown listed as free agents...I can't say it'll work that way in your league, but sometimes people pass up a diamond in the rough...
hawkeye

Return to Football Talk