Various Keeper League Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Various Keeper League Rules

Moderator: Football Moderators

Various Keeper League Rules

Postby Htr10 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:35 pm

I'm hoping this is the right forum for this question, if not I'm sure the webhamster won't be far behind. Basically what happened in my league is that we had batted around the idea of becoming a keeper league at the end of this year, but one guy doesn't want to do it because he doesn't think the talent spread is fair enough across all teams if each team was to keep their best QB, RB, and WR for next year. So, what I wanted to know was what keeper league rule variations are available out there. If you get the chance, let me know what kind of setups your guys' league have for who you can and cannot keep, number of players, etc. Thanks in advance.
Htr10
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:40 pm

I am in two keeper leagues and each allows the teams to simply keep their best players - 3 in one and 4 in another.

You should wait until next year to make the league a keeper. Owners should know heading into a draft that they need to plan on keeping certain guys.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:41 pm

I'm in a 10-team keeper, keep 6 players. I think that would be unfair to start a keeper in midseason like your commish wants to do because some people may not have drafted/traded as it was a keeper... Ofcourse you can do it if everyone agrees, but idk.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HunglikeChampions » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:44 pm

in mine we keep 3 regular players and 1 who was a rookie, backup, or position by commitee during this year....so 4 total...
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:04 pm

HunglikeChampions wrote:in mine we keep 3 regular players and 1 who was a rookie, backup, or position by commitee during this year....so 4 total...

That must be interesting how do you determine who is "position by committee" :-?
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HunglikeChampions » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:46 pm

it hasnt been too hard really, most of the time it is pretty evident if someone is a clear cut starter or now... for example after last year you coule pick duckett or dunn since neither started fully....also, westbrook from philly last year, wouldnt qualify this year....any rb from minn this year as with injuries and suspensions nobody is really the starter...usually isnt too hard to figure, but some people will ask if someone qualifies
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:35 pm

Our league just moved over to keeper this season and this offseason we will decide for the first time our keepers.

Regardless your keeper rules, the decision of your league becoming a keeper league and the rules of the keepers IMO should be done at your season ending meeting. Then everyone can prepare for it for the draft. Young players who have a chace to be great right away (aka McGahee) usually go earlier or for more money in an auction style.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Yep, I think that you have switch over to a keeper league at the beginning of next season.

You will have to have a full draft in 2005 and at the end of the 2005 season carry over 3 - 6 players from each team.

This is the only fair way to do it.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:33 pm

HunglikeChampions wrote:it hasnt been too hard really, most of the time it is pretty evident if someone is a clear cut starter or now... for example after last year you coule pick duckett or dunn since neither started fully....also, westbrook from philly last year, wouldnt qualify this year....any rb from minn this year as with injuries and suspensions nobody is really the starter...usually isnt too hard to figure, but some people will ask if someone qualifies

How 'bout the RB situation in Buffalo....if McGahee starts the rest of the season what is he considered?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk