How will Miami defnece be down the stretch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will Miami defnece be down the stretch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How will Miami defnece be down the stretch?

Postby The Jury » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:01 am

I've got Tampa, Tenn, and Washington on DEF and Miami just got dropped in my league, as they haven't been getting many fantasy points. Will they be better down the stretch than one of my defences? I'm thinking for the fantasy playoffs.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Dolphins defense may be a decent play at home against Arizona next week, Cleveland... late in the year and possibly SF on the road ...but for the most part I dont see them as being a great defensive threat the remainder of the season...

Balanced stronger teams can exploit them

Although if you're intent on carrying three defenses, the Dolphins would be a situational improvement this week in particular and over the Titans the remainder of the season (who have disappeared defensively after a great debut week one)
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:45 pm

Losing Seau, even though he's clearly lost a step, will be a big blow to this defense. I was really surprised how the Jets beat them in every facet last weekend. I think in the right matchups they will be an okay play.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ek » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:48 pm

I think that they, like a lot of other teams, are only valuable when playing either a low-scoring offense or a team that turns the ball over a lot. I'm assuming you're in a two-defense league, in which case it could make sense to pick them up instead of Tennessee as they could be a good play against Arizona this week. If you're in a one D league, I'd drop Washington and Tennessee for prospects and ride TB the rest of the way.
Before you take anything I say too seriously, be aware of the fact that Derrick Mason, Cadillac Williams, Reuben Droughns, Jason Witten, and Mike Bell are all on my team this year!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Niner_fan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:49 pm

I think their D will be the like of their team, shitty. Offense can't get anything going that will leave the D on the field for longer periods of time resulting in worse defense.
Niner_fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby feverfive » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:27 pm

MadScott wrote:Losing Seau, even though he's clearly lost a step, will be a big blow to this defense. I was really surprised how the Jets beat them in every facet last weekend. I think in the right matchups they will be an okay play.

Yeah, that hurts them, but the loss of Tim Bowen DT to IR hurt them worse, IMO. They have been uncharateristically unimpressive vs. the Run.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:29 pm

Their defense will be bad to quite bad.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

response

Postby bruuno2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:49 pm

Worse not better :~(
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk