How bad is Fred Taylors injury? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How bad is Fred Taylors injury?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How bad is Fred Taylors injury?

Postby RedDragon » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:41 am

Just curious if anyone knows how bad his injury is? I'm in a 16 team league and I'm going to be a RB short for week 10 because of LT's bye and LaBrandon Toefield can be had in my league...Thats about all that is available anyway lol but I don't wanna use my high waiver priority on him if he isn't going to do anything. Any info would be appreciated.
RedDragon Beginner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby feverfive » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:59 am

Fred suffered a hip pointer, which, to my understanding (I'm hardly a medical expert), amounts to a bruise. There is no real treatment for it, only rest will allow it to heal. Hard to know for sure whether he'll be o.k. after their Bye this week, though I assume he will be. Then again, it's Fragile Fred we're talking about, even though he has stayed relatively healthy the past couple years....
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RubeRiot » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:43 pm

It's not a question of how serious this injury is...it how serious the NEXT injury is going to be!

This guy is always banged up, and now he's lost his starting QB, his short yardage carries, and his goal line duties!!! My advise would be to desperately try to find anyone in your league who may still see any value in this chump, and trade him away for anything that you can get for him.

I'd been trying to dump off F.Taylor for 3 weeks and was finally successful right before week 8 (I traded F.Taylor and A.Brooks for P.Manning!!!)...hopefully you can have similar success.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk