Week 9 Lines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 9 Lines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 9 Lines

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 am

As always the favourite is on the left and the home team is in CAPS.

Sunday Games

N.Y.Jets 3 BUFFALO o/u 36.5
Philadelphia 1 PITTSBURGH o/u 44.5
DETROIT 3.5 Washington o/u 38
Dallas 1 CINCINNATI o/u 44
CAROLINA 7 Oakland o/u 42
MIAMI 3 Arizona 34.5
Kansas City 3 TAMPA BAY o/u 45
N.Y. GIANTS 9 Chicago o/u 35
Seattle 7 SAN FRANCISCO o/u 40
SAN DIEGO 6 New Orleans
New England 2.5 ST. LOUIS o/u 48.5
DENVER 6 Houston o/u 42
BALTIMORE 6 Cleveland o/u 35.5

Monday Night Game

INDIANAPOLIS 6.5 Minnesota o/u 59

the o/u on the Indy/Minny game is 59. This is one of the highest numbers that I have ever seen. Even so, I may just take the over, but I will wait until closer to game time and get more info on Randy's condition.

I also think that I'm going to take Oakland and the 7 points. Carolina is just not that good these days.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:57 am

San Diego ... 6-1-1 ATS
NO ... 2-5 ATS
Over is 3-0 in the Saints last three on the road.
Over is 4-1 in the last five meetings.
NO is 2-5 ATS in their last seven overall.
SD is 3-1 ATS in the last four meetings.
SD is 3-1 ATS at home this season.
Over is 4-0 in the Chargers last four at home.

Anybody like the SD-NO Over? Hell, SD -6 ain't bad. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:40 am

Lush, you really can't go wrong with San Dieggo these days. Ride that bus until it gets a flat.

Myself, I like the Jets to pummel the Bills and go way over the o/u. I may just take the over.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:45 am

I don't like the Jets this week, actually. Buffalo played them pretty tough last time out. The Bills are at home and are surging with McGahee as the official starter. I would not be surprised to see the Jets fall this week.

But, I do like your thoughts on the over since the Bills are righting the ship on offense. A final score of 20-17 would not be out of the realm of possibility at all.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:21 am

Mercer Boy, your "not out of the realm" score covers the bet by 0.5. Any game could cover by that... If I am betting an over i want to feel like it could pass the o/i by 10! not 0.5.

I don't like taking any offense that I think could post a 0... whether by great D or inept O. I am not convinced the Bills are now cruising.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:26 am

I do like Phily, though... Pats looked terrible, and hurt themselves. I didn't feel like Pitt really beat NE. NE just didn't play well.

I like KC as well.. I just don't think TB's D will be able to slow the KC O enough for the TB O to stay in the game.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 pm

Dub-Dub wrote:Mercer Boy, your "not out of the realm" score covers the bet by 0.5. Any game could cover by that... If I am betting an over i want to feel like it could pass the o/i by 10! not 0.5.

I don't like taking any offense that I think could post a 0... whether by great D or inept O. I am not convinced the Bills are now cruising.

Hehe; I guess that's why I don't bet on stuff... O:-) It would be better to give yourself a "cushion" on those games!

I knew the score I put down was a close winner, but I thought it was a reasonable score. The Bills aren't cruising yet, but they are playing better. The last game was 16-14, so if you add another TD for either team, you would win this time around.

It's probably not a bettable game (unless you get some huge odds...but I don't think that happens on o/u), but if I had to pick it, it'd be over! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:45 pm

Well, I happen to think that the Bills/Jets game will solidly go over the 36.5.

The Bills have been getting better. Their scoring has gone up every week except week 7 when they were stopped by the Ravens. They have scored an average of 16.5 pts/game against some good defences.

I believe that the Jets will be hungry to lay a beating and will probably score 30 by themselves.

The other game that I actually like is Houston against Denver. Give me 6 points and the Texans.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Chew » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:47 am

I also like the Jets to beat the Bills easily this week. I figure they'll look to shut down McGahee and make Bledsoe beat them.. which I don't see happening.
Chew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk