Onterrio Smith v. Mewelde Moore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith v. Mewelde Moore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:29 pm

If one back will emerge as the starter this season it will be Smith or Moore. I would drop Bennett for Smith if I were you.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mah2002 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:29 pm

Definately drop bennett for moore
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:43 pm

Ricky_Christ wrote:If one back will emerge as the starter this season it will be Smith or Moore. I would drop Bennett for Smith if I were you.

After I read this I went back to pick O Smith up and some got to him first. I also saw this:

Nov 4 Just when it appeared the Vikings would have their full contingent of running backs healthy and eligible, now it looks as if Mewelde Moore will miss Monday's game in Indianapolis with a sprained left ankle. Moore tweaked his ankle in last week's loss to the Giants and has made minimal progress since suffering the injury, Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's flagship radio station, KFAN-AM. "If he's not full speed, he'll be inactive," Tice said, though he declined to reveal who would start if Moore can't play.
Views: Michael Bennett has been back for a couple weeks but received limited carries, and Onterrio Smith returns from his four-game suspension this week. While neither is a great fantasy play given that the Vikings may be playing catch-up to the Colts offense most of the evening, it wouldn't be surprising to see Smith get the bulk of the touches given his pass-catching ability and performance as the starter prior to his suspension.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:19 pm

Alright. I think Moore will become the permanent starter. Why? well hold on and i'll tell you. Bennett is always one smack away from the being placed on the IR, he's a homerun threat yes but a liabily because he's as fragile as a frozen glass plate free falling from the Sears Tower. Onterrio might be the best around runner in the group but is one bong hit away from a years suspension and we all saw what happened to Miami when you've got a rasta RB. Moore has shown great abilities in his limited time and is the only guy without a real down side. I think the job is Moore's to lose but Smith will still get some touches. Bennett is out of the equation IMO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby just havin fun » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:31 pm

I believe the scenario will play out like this: Mike will wait until the very last minute to proclaim Onterrio as the starter. He will make up some excuse about Mewelde tweeking his ankle and hand the job over the Smith....

Nov 4 Just when it appeared the Vikings would have their full contingent of running backs healthy and eligible, now it looks as if Mewelde Moore will miss Monday's game in Indianapolis with a sprained left ankle. Moore tweaked his ankle in last week's loss to the Giants and has made minimal progress since suffering the injury, Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's flagship radio station, KFAN-AM. "If he's not full speed, he'll be inactive," Tice said, though he declined to reveal who would start if Moore can't play.

Hey RC, I told you so........ ;-D
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Power_Backs » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:47 pm

RB Onterrio Smith- According to the Startribune.com head coach Mike Tice said this about Onterrio Smith. "He doesn't look good," "He looks fantastic." Smith returned to the Vikings training facility this week and will play Monday night when Minnesota visits the RCA Dome to play the Colts. Smith will not only play on Monday night, don't rule out the possibility of him starting . Regardless of who is in the backfield on the first offensive series Smith will play extensively as the Vikings prepare for what probably will be their first game in seven years without receiver Randy Moss

R
The first wipe is always the messiest
Power_Backs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hammerwx » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:47 pm

TheOmen wrote:
I believe what "just having fun" said. Smith will play..If not right away he will finish the game strong. Unlike moore he gets the ball for the endzone as well.

Since when does Smith get the endzone carries? He doesn't have a rushing TD this season.

Anyway, I was in this exact situation last season with Bennett Smith and Moe. I started Moe while Bennet was hurt. Bennett came back and Tice said Moe would still start, and he did. He gave Moe the first carry of the game and proceeded to give Bennett the majority. I am starting Smith, and keeping Moore and Bennett on the bench. It's just too hard to sit all 3 with this appealing match up.

Yeah. And how many TD's does Moore have?

Sounds like Quentin's......oops....er..... Moore's days are already numbered. Tice did not sound too sad/upset about the possibility of not having Moore. Almost harsh, considering Moore did do a nice job while Smith was out.

A sincere thank you to all of the Moore/Bennet believers out there that left O. Smith on the waiver wire for me to pick up. A nice little mid-season treat.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:01 pm

Smith is gonna be a MONSTER in the 2nd half.

This week will be small potatoes compared to the following week when Moss comes back.

Smith is the steal of last year's draft. He has awesome lateral movement and breakaway speed. He can break a tackle or two at the second level and he is a beast catching the ball. Over the final 9 games, expect to see at least 1200 all-purpose yards from this dude. NO JOKE! Theyve had it with Bennet over there, hes trade bait next year and Onterio is their new horse.

My league gives 1 point per reception and I am trying to sell my soul to get this guy before he explodes on Monday. They guy that has him also has Tiki, LT, and Droughns so I could get Onterio dirt cheap! If this happens I will sh%t a brick!!!!
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheOmen » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:58 pm

Yeah. And how many TD's does Moore have?

That isn't the point, you made a case for Onterrio Smith getting endzone carries, which he doesn't. They both have 0 rushing TDs. I never said Moore had the advantage there.

Moore being injured is good news for me, as now I only have 2 to pick from, and I'm going with Smith. I hope he lights it up monday night.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:09 pm

Sportsline: Mewelde Moore is listed as questionable and could be out in Week 9 with a sprained left ankle. Smith should be the starter if Moore is unable to play.

I still hold that Moore will be the starter by the end of the season, but there's no doubt it will get messy.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk