Onterrio Smith v. Mewelde Moore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith v. Mewelde Moore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:18 pm

Umm...attention. Calling all fantasy idiots...oh, wait you're all already here!!! HELLO! Anyone remember healthy Michael Bennett? You know, the guy that last time he was healthy for a majority of the season, he went to the Pro Bowl. Yeah, that Michael Bennett. Well, he plays alongside the likes of youngsters Onterrio and Mewelde.

Unless Tice is a COMPLETE idiot, he will start the only healthy, conditioned running back he has, Michael Bennett. When all four (Onterrio, Bennett, Moe, and Mewelde) are 100%, Bennett is the best. So, shouldn't he get the nod when he's the ONLY one healthy? Ugh, I'm changing my username to EyeH8Tice
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Power_Backs » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:31 pm

Bennett can not compete with the likes of Moore or smith...get a grip!
The first wipe is always the messiest
Power_Backs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Black » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:05 pm

Bennett is not better than Smith, I thought you would have learned that by last year. Faster? Yes, Bennett is in a speed club with only a few members, but Smith is a better receiver out of the backfield and bigger blocker. While Bennett is a more slippery, he cant get those crucial 3rd and 1's or 3rd and 2's and he never finishes off his own drives unless he breaks out from the 15 or 20 yard line.
Black
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:35 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:Umm...attention. Calling all fantasy idiots...oh, wait you're all already here!!! HELLO! Anyone remember healthy Michael Bennett? You know, the guy that last time he was healthy for a majority of the season, he went to the Pro Bowl. Yeah, that Michael Bennett. Well, he plays alongside the likes of youngsters Onterrio and Mewelde.

Unless Tice is a COMPLETE idiot, he will start the only healthy, conditioned running back he has, Michael Bennett. When all four (Onterrio, Bennett, Moe, and Mewelde) are 100%, Bennett is the best. So, shouldn't he get the nod when he's the ONLY one healthy? Ugh, I'm changing my username to EyeH8Tice

I believe that Onterrio Smith, and not Bennett, is the only healthy RB on the roster right now. Bennett missed basically the first half of the season due to an injury that was supposed to limit him for 1-3 weeks. He has around 10 total touches in the two games he's played in if I recall correctly, not exactly a strong testament to his "100% health". Bennett's situation this year would not be too disturbing, except that the SAME THING HAPPENED TO HIM LAST YEAR. The end result: Bennett has carried 15 times or more in a game a grand total of ONE time since 2002.

Mewelde Moore is listed as questionable this week with some sort of ankle? injury. No chance in hell he starts this game or receives the majority of the carries. Seeing as Moore made a living off being the only able-bodied RB on the roster, I think it's safe to say that his days are done. He's a rookie, #4 on the depth chart in preseason, etc etc. Moore returns primarily as the kick returner once healthy.

By process of elimination, I declare Onterrio Smith the starter until he gets injured. He's been healthy the entire season, played extremely well when he held the featured role, and is now in a position to become the starter once again due to an injury. Now is the time to grab Onterrio before he has the big game. Next week you won't be able to trade for this guy cheap or acquire him off the waiver unless you have the #1 priority.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Chuckles » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:00 am

I just dropped Moore for Smith...hopefully it was the right move. Seriously though, it sounded as if he was a go for week 9 and then this ankle seems worse all of a sudden!!! Anyway, this talking and banter is great and all, but it's late and I've got to go to bed...anyway, we'll find out after Monday Night Football!!!!!!!!! Well, hopefully! ;-D
Chuckles
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Commish » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:08 am

Bennett will not start in Minnesota. You're more likely to see Larry Ned have value than Bennett this season....
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hammerwx » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:26 am

I hope Bennett does play some Monday Night.

Givin his history over the last 2 years, he will likely get injured, and O. Smith won't have to lose those 4-6 carries a game Bennett would have been lucky to see
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RC » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:38 am

just havin fun wrote:
I believe the scenario will play out like this: Mike will wait until the very last minute to proclaim Onterrio as the starter. He will make up some excuse about Mewelde tweeking his ankle and hand the job over the Smith....

Nov 4 Just when it appeared the Vikings would have their full contingent of running backs healthy and eligible, now it looks as if Mewelde Moore will miss Monday's game in Indianapolis with a sprained left ankle. Moore tweaked his ankle in last week's loss to the Giants and has made minimal progress since suffering the injury, Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's flagship radio station, KFAN-AM. "If he's not full speed, he'll be inactive," Tice said, though he declined to reveal who would start if Moore can't play.

Hey RC, I told you so........ ;-D

Can't say I ever doubted your suggestions. More just disagreed with the idea that Tice should start Smith over Moore.

The condescending tone was what I disagreed with.
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby k68 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:08 am

As of this morning it sounds more and more like Mwelde will not be active for the game and Bennett and Smith will split the carries regardless of who "starts" the game.
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby just havin fun » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:54 pm

RC wrote:

The condescending tone was what I disagreed with.

Hey dude, the Tice Story wasn't intended to be condescending. I was trying to make the "Tice-bashers" realize that NFL coaches shouldn't have to tell you the status of their starters from week to week. I am a just a high school football coach and I need every advantage that I can get. It is a huge advantage if the opponent has to prepare for several possible starters during the week instead of just one. Your mommy and daddy must have yelled at you a lot when you were a child.

Now that last part was condescending. ;-D
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk