Sleeper Week 9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper Week 9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:57 pm

Another late edition, Taco Wallace. Truly, Rice is more than likely out, DJax is uncertain and the WR corps is in shambles. The SF secondary is a mess right now, someone has to catch the ball, why not Taco?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Showtyme5 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:05 pm

Michael Bennett
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:P. Manning

That's not a sleeper. A sleeper has to be a player that's not considered a stud...

oh, my sleeper... uh... that Culpepper guy from the Vikings - he's due for a big week.

Lol, BH...the new guys just don't know your style at all.... :-b

Actually, I think they were reacting to the Dude, not BH. I was the a-hole who decided to take BH's obvious joke a step further.

The Dude apologizes for trying to insert some wit and levity into the cafe - obviously he was a dismal failure. From now on, he will leave blatant sarcasm to Brutally Huge and others more experienced with it...

So, to get back on topic... my sleeper: Priest Holmes, Running Back, Kansas City Chiefs

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:15 pm

My sleeper pick for week 9 is Eddie George. A really really deep deep sleeper pick would be A. Bryant.(I think he will have a decently good game) ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:18 pm

MadScott wrote:Another late edition, Taco Wallace. Truly, Rice is more than likely out, DJax is uncertain and the WR corps is in shambles. The SF secondary is a mess right now, someone has to catch the ball, why not Taco?

Or maybe Alexander will score 3 TDs again....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
MadScott wrote:Another late edition, Taco Wallace. Truly, Rice is more than likely out, DJax is uncertain and the WR corps is in shambles. The SF secondary is a mess right now, someone has to catch the ball, why not Taco?

Or maybe Alexander will score 3 TDs again....
Ughhh....don't say that, I'm going to the game this weekend. If it comes down to that, I may jump out of the stands and throw a tackle on him.

Look for me holding the Taco Wallace sign in the South endzone this weekend.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lawman_nyc » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:15 pm

Ok here is my sleeper pick and why I am picking him this week: C. Cobbs RB New England.

I think he will start this week. Just heard that Dillon missed practice again today (Friday). Although, I cant say for sure I bet Cobbs practiced with the first team all week long. If Cobbs does play I think he will have a better grasp of this offense, or at least more so than he did last week. I know he only had 1 carry for 1 yard last week but remember his YPC avg was better that Faulks'(0.8). I beleive we didnt see alot of Cobbs last week is because BB knew he was going to loose the game against Pitt and did not want to showcase Cobbs. I am getting the feeling that Dillons injury although, probably not to serious may keep him out a couple more weeks.

I am taking a flier on Cobbs this week because T. Jones is out A. Green and W. Dunn are on byes so I needed another RB to start along side L. Jordan....I know....pretty pathetic. Well I picked him up and im keeping my fingers crossed!

My last weeks sleeper was T. Taylor 5rec for 80 yds
lawman_nyc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby husker_fanatic » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:21 pm

The_Dude wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:P. Manning

That's not a sleeper. A sleeper has to be a player that's not considered a stud...

oh, my sleeper... uh... that Culpepper guy from the Vikings - he's due for a big week.

Lol, BH...the new guys just don't know your style at all.... :-b

Actually, I think they were reacting to the Dude, not BH. I was the a-hole who decided to take BH's obvious joke a step further.

The Dude apologizes for trying to insert some wit and levity into the cafe - obviously he was a dismal failure. From now on, he will leave blatant sarcasm to Brutally Huge and others more experienced with it...

So, to get back on topic... my sleeper: Priest Holmes, Running Back, Kansas City Chiefs

Yea ok, my sleepers are Daunte Culpepper, Priest Holmes, Marvin Harrison and TO, Alge Crumpler, and Ravens Defense
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby husker_fanatic » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:23 pm

Am i cool now because i am being sarcastic??
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jwbseven » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:00 pm

anthony thomas
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk