Jamal Lewis vs. Reuben Droughns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis vs. Reuben Droughns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm

From here on out, I'd take Droughns. He's emerged as a stud RB in that Denver RB system which seems to always have great sucess with RB's.

Check out the Great Debates for my argument for Droughns:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=105704
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:36 pm

i cant believe there is even a question here....the leagues leading rusher LAST YEAR against a guy who has started a whole 3 games?? do i even need to state my opinion???
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:58 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Jam Lewis, because he's proven. Droughns ain't in the same category as this brick-flippin' cat.

Beware of the "proven back" suckas. That's not what fantasy football is about. The "proven back" supporters are the same guys that told you to draft S. Davis, Rudi, Henry, D.Davis, and Dillon, while some of us were saying you might be better off taking studs at other positions in the 2nd or 3rd round and grab 2nd backs such as C. Brown, T. Jones, or Westbrook...a round or 2 later...or even Tiki?!?! who fell off the cheatsheets with TD lacking performance last year.

That said. Jamal is an elite running back who I would not hesitate to play every week. He does have a relatively more dificult schedule than Droughns who I would not hesitate to play either. But his monster games have come against weakass rush defense. But he only faces one more tough defense (SD) this year. He gets to play Oak, NO, and Miami yet (28th, 29th, and 30th against the run).
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ODOGG » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:06 am

Droughns gets alot of reciving yards to and recpetions,,,Jamal doesnt catch the ball for shit
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:49 am

Azrael wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Jam Lewis, because he's proven. Droughns ain't in the same category as this brick-flippin' cat.

Beware of the "proven back" suckas. That's not what fantasy football is about. The "proven back" supporters are the same guys that told you to draft S. Davis, Rudi, Henry, D.Davis, and Dillon, while some of us were saying you might be better off taking studs at other positions in the 2nd or 3rd round and grab 2nd backs such as C. Brown, T. Jones, or Westbrook...a round or 2 later...or even Tiki?!?! who fell off the cheatsheets with TD lacking performance last year.

That said. Jamal is an elite running back who I would not hesitate to play every week. He does have a relatively more dificult schedule than Droughns who I would not hesitate to play either. But his monster games have come against weakass rush defense. But he only faces one more tough defense (SD) this year. He gets to play Oak, NO, and Miami yet (28th, 29th, and 30th against the run).
Dillon has been bad why? Hes been better than Jones, though you had to take them earlier. Oh, and Shockers, Jonathan Ogden was out for the first week versus Cleveland.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:54 am

Both teams are built and planned around th RUN, but at least denver has a sem-respectable passing game that helps open up the RUN. Whereas JLEW does most of the work alone.

playoff schedule also, some teams championship is last weak of the season.

Droughns EASE OF SKED second easiet

Nov 21 @New Orleans
Nov 28 Oakland
Dec 5 @San Diego
Dec 12 Miami
Dec 19 @Kansas City
Dec 25 @Tennessee
Jan 2 Indianapolis

Jamal Lewis 13th easiet

Nov 7 Cleveland
Nov 14 @N.Y. Jets
Nov 21 Dallas
Nov 28 @New England
Dec 5 Cincinnati
Dec 12 N.Y. Giants
Dec 19 @Indianapolis
Dec 26 @Pittsburgh
Jan 2 Miami

Sometime Matchup dont mattr nyways, but still i don't like JLEWs playoff sked Giants, INDY*given*, PITTS, Miami
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk