will the deuce break loose? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

will the deuce break loose?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:13 pm

Plus Deuce is get the protectice boot off this week b/c he feels it detracts from his speed, expect a pretty solid game vs. a rejuvenated San Diego D this week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Niner_fan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:47 pm

I'm going with Deuce and M. Faulk this week coming off byes. Have started Deuce all year and have been pretty happy with his numbers especially past few weeks. SD does have the best rush D so that is a slight concern but I think Deuce will get decent yardage and get in endzone once or twice.
Niner_fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Ek » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:50 pm

Deuce may wind up dissappointing this year to people who drafted him 5th or 6th overall, but there's no way you can even consider not starting him, and he should be a solid play from here on out. ;-D
Before you take anything I say too seriously, be aware of the fact that Derrick Mason, Cadillac Williams, Reuben Droughns, Jason Witten, and Mike Bell are all on my team this year!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:59 pm

I think we're missing the fact that the name of this thread is...interesting. :-b

Deuce is still hurting, but he's a good RB. At least he has been getting some TD's in his last few games! His total yard figures might be down from last year, but he's still in there plodding away. Hopefully he doesn't do more damage to himself than what is already there.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:05 pm

I like him after the bye.... I was going to sit him for M. Moore if Moore would of had a strong game against the Giants. Duece should be back to normal without the protective boot and if he does have a big game against SD, then look out!
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:27 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Hugh M. Griz wrote:He's been pretty much a wasted first-round pick, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sitting him this week and going with Jamal at home v. Browns and Droughns at home v. Houston.

If Deuce is an ace, fine ... he can start next week.

Again, wtf is going on today? Its like the twilight zone since Dubbaya got re-elected.

Yes, he did have trouble getting the ypc against Oakland, but two TDs in each of the last 2 games... what more do you want?

I only have one problem with this...he had a hard time against Oakland getting yards.Isn't Oakland right around last in rushing D?And isn't SD near the top in rushing D?I'm never advocating sitting your stud,but if you do have 2 other good backs it makes it tough.So to answer the question"Will the Deuce break loose",I'd say this week the answer is no.Overall,he will make you happy you didn't trade him.So in the long run,the answer is yes.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk