Sleepers Week 8 Results - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleepers Week 8 Results

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby biju » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:07 am

Just for some carefree self-glorification (why else do we run this post weekly anyway?) I also put in

Johnnie Morton

5 rec for 69 yds and a TD

A distance away from the 120 yds I thought he would get, but the TD is worth it. I'll rate myself with a 8-o ;-D not that it matters.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Count_Rugen » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:19 am

matmat wrote:
GMoney wrote:Who then mighty all knowing and seeing briliant matmat is a sleeper???? do we have to say guys with a total of 2 receptions this year (ala Rashaun Woods) and then if they manage to put up 7/110 and a TD can we call that a decent outing????

dude
why are you so aggressive?
i wrote above -- i think watts would have been a nice sleeper this past week. I really don't consider someone who put up 2 points more than they are averaging to be a sleeper. have some standards, come on!

hell with standards...

at this point in the season, the only "sleepers" available are deep ones. we take what we can get.

at midseason...i guess my definition of a sleeper is anyone who scores abnormally high (relative to themself). go on wit yo bad self chchelse!
H-dinck:[i]"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."[/i]
Count Rugen:[i]"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."[/i]
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:12 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Goleafsgo96 wrote:
i wouldnt call mccareins or dallas clark sleepers.

That is ridiculous. Both guys have been busts to this point. Speaking of Clark, The guy had 104 yds receiving all year, up until last week. The focal point of the offense has been Manning and the three WRs. Not a TE.

I predicted a big game from him, he had 3 catches for 88 yds. I think this qualifies as a sleeper prediction.

He has had bust written all over him thus far, so he more than qualifies.

He hadn't done anything this year.

So a guy has been a bust for almost half a year. IMO, if there was alot of hype about him, as there was for both these guys, then they should not be called a sleeper for at least that year. My definition of a sleeper:

A late round pick, or an undrafted player, who you expect a big game out of.

Neither of these guys wre drafted that late.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:55 am

I picked Brees. i win
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:34 am

Since GoLeafs and I agree to disagree, I am ok with that. We all have our opinions in here, and that is what keeps this site so informative.

My sleeper definition is similar to that. I also include undercheiving as part of it, or at least has not produced to date. A player who could be due for a breakout day.

The matchup was favorable for Clark to do it. Nearly putting up the yds he has combined in 6 games in 1, I felt would qualify. Granted yds are nice, but the tds make the big difference. Could have been a monster day if he caught the TD, and not Pollard. Clark missed one that would have put him over 100.

100 yds is good and all, but I hadn't had a 100 yds receiving except for Suggs and Gates (until last week finally). So I would have taken it gladly.

Both guys were drafted relatively late in my league.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mad_llama » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:06 pm

After reading some of the posts i feel like i need to defend Jabar as being a sleeper and he was my pick. I think he was a sleeper because I was able to go out and pick him up as a free agent in my league and i bet he's still on the wire in a lot of leagues. Put it this way, if you knew that there was a receiver that you could go and pick up and it cost you nothing but a roster spot and he had those type of numbers would you do it? He had a good day yardage wise and he would have had a touchdown too if he wasn't so happy to see the endzone. Gotta give a big ;-D to Jabar and a big ;-D to the guy who cut my spare house key wrong 3 times before getting it right. Thanks for making my life easier!
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk