does anyone think brees will produce this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

does anyone think brees will produce this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

does anyone think brees will produce this year?

Postby sco227 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:41 pm

brees is my backup and im not sure...i believe he will have a good season now with boston as another wide out but im being told he isnt going to do much..........im looking for input on what to do
sco227

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:42 pm

he did pretty damn good last season, and with boston now on the team, plus a year of experience, i dont see why he wouldnt do great.

Friendliness: %

Postby ajgdrummer7 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:44 pm

Brees is my backup QB too. I see no reason to believe he won't be great as a number 2 QB. If you have him as a number 3 like I do then you are in great shape. With Boston in town, he'll be great. Good luck.

If you have any time please check out my team: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=10681

Thanks.
ajgdrummer7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasyfootball_tx » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:58 pm

Drew Brees isn't the best backup QB. Marty Schottenheimer prefers to run. The 17 teams he's coached averaged only 18 TD passes per season. Last year Brees put up below average numbers 17 TDs and passing for only 205 yards per game. Look for the same this year
fantasyfootball_tx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:06 pm

I think Brees will fill in nicely when you need him. SDs offense is quickly becoming formidable. Also, you have to realize that Tomlinson was a top 5 RB in receptions last yr, meaning hes catching a ton of screens, meaning Brees shares those yds. Boston only opens up the D and helps Brees with a big downfield target.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Comfortably Numb » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:14 pm

fantasyfootball_tx wrote:Drew Brees isn't the best backup QB. Marty Schottenheimer prefers to run. The 17 teams he's coached averaged only 18 TD passes per season. Last year Brees put up below average numbers 17 TDs and passing for only 205 yards per game. Look for the same this year

Very intersting comment!!!
I always thought Brees would be a stud, I loved him coming from Purdue, but that stat, is very intersting.

However I think you have a good back up.
Who is your starter?
Lt. Dan: "Have you found Jesus yet Gump?"

Forrest Gump: "I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him - Sir!"
Comfortably Numb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Eraus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:30 am

I think he will post respectable numbers this year. especially for a backup QB. He has a pretty decent upside IMO.
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party never ends!
Eraus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:03 pm

There's not a team out there that won't game-plan around stopping L Tomlinson at any cost when they play the Chargers.
This can only help Brees. And the addition of Boston was one fine off-season pick-up, and indicates Marty recognized a need.
Brees will fall off the radar in a lot of drafts, put he's got a huge up-side IMO. Might surprise some folks.
My 2 cents, anyway.
~Da Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Dude_ffc » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:44 pm

dude, Brees is an up and coming STUD! Schittenheiny ALWAYS has coached to his team's strengths. The stat about his qb's averaging 18 td's a year doesn't represent reality. He was in KC for how long? Remember the QB's there? Anyway, I am just defending my boy Brees, he is a friend of mine and I think he and Boston will hook up OFTEN! He has been telling me about all of the added passing plays designed for Boston. To me, he is in a similar mold as Garcia and Owens is in a similar mold as Boston. You see what I am getting at?
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DUKE » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:51 pm

I think Brees could be a bargain this year. He's been going very late in drafts, and people need to understand that he's only started for 1 full season. He looked very polished and smart for such a lack of NFL experience. Marty does like to run the ball, but they obviously are trying to upgrade their passing game w/ adding Boston. I don't think he's going to blow up this year w/ top 10 #'s quite yet, but he will improve on last season and could be a pretty nice backup.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Football Talk