So You Think You're A General Manager ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So You Think You're A General Manager ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

So You Think You're A General Manager ???

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:10 pm

Mid-season is upon us and perhaps you're debating making that "year altering" trade that will push your team to great success down the stretch...

Question : of those players who are still arguably of decent value on your team....
who would you likely trade away ? ...furthermore....what mid-tier, under achiever or semi-sleeper players do you think will have a great second half ? (who do you think you may be able to steal away in your efforts)
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby GMoney » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:16 pm

im tyrin my ass off to deal guys like:

Emmitt, Duce Staley, and Pittman.

For players like:

DD, Anquan Boldin, and Chris Brown
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:07 pm

I'm really not on the Domanick Davis wagon. The guy just isn't getting it done this year. 2.8 ypc is horrid, and it doesn't look like he's going to break out of the funk anytime soon. I'd actually hang on to Duce Staley, unless you get a great deal for him. He's putting up stellar rushing number, minus the TD's. But if you want a solid contributor every week from a yardage standpoint, you really can't go wrong with the Duce.

I have Curtis Martin and have been debating trading him for a couple of weeks now, but the dude is just lighting it up. He's at peak value right now, so if you're going to trade him, now is the time. In all honesty though, I think he's for real.

I don't think Chris Brown is for real. He's far too injury prone with his running style, so if you can get rid of him, I would do it. He's put up good enough numbers so far to get good trade value.

I value Corey Dillon quite a bit. As the weather worsens, the Pats will likely turn to Dillon more and utilize their ground game. His recent injury might spook some owners, but he should be solid down the stretch.

I'd try to trade away Michael Clayton if you can. Jurevicius and Galloway are coming back and should cut into the rookie's production.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mah2002 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:37 pm

I think kevin Jones will have a good second half, Detroit has impressed me so far and win they get Roy back it will open up the running game more
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk