Kevin Jones this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:23 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think KJ is about to break out very soon. It may not be this week against WAS, but after that they face JAX, MIN, IND, ARI, and GB - not exactly premier rush stoppers.

Good point about his outcoming schedule. It looks like holding onto him will finally start paying off. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:48 am

Amazinz wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think KJ is about to break out very soon. It may not be this week against WAS, but after that they face JAX, MIN, IND, ARI, and GB - not exactly premier rush stoppers.

Good point about his outcoming schedule. It looks like holding onto him will finally start paying off. ;-D

Yeah, JAX isn't a premier run stoppers. They just didn't allow a rusher over 100 in 17 straight.

ARI hasn't allowed a rushing TD unless last week.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:08 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Yeah, JAX isn't a premier run stoppers. They just didn't allow a rusher over 100 in 17 straight.

ARI hasn't allowed a rushing TD unless last week.

JAX is a good rush defense and if Leftwich is back by week 10 then K.J. won't be a good match up that game. If Leftwich can't play than you have to assume that JAX defense will be on the field a lot. We'll see.

As for the rest of the match ups CM listed they all look pretty appealing. I know you're not going to try and defend Arizona's run defense from a fantasy perspective.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Cornbread brings up some valid points concerning Detroit's schedule down the road...

hopefully, with the return of Roy...the Lions will utilize Jones's ability more frequently as the field opens up ...perhaps with traps and delays...and even eventually more off tackle plays

hopefully KJ's pass catching and blocking abilities continue to improve as well...

Mariucci appears to be exploring the possibilities at least

but will Jones find a stride down the stretch ? let's just say, I'm glad someone else drafted him in my league and not I
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby marksy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:52 pm

Sin, I think I have to disagree with you if you are in a keeper league. I'm in one and I've said since week 1 that these young lions remind me of the early 90's Cowboys.

I'm not saying that Jones is Emmitt, just that all of the pieces are starting to fall in place on offense. So I differ in opinion, I think that late i nthis year and next, Jones will be an upcoming stud.

Boy do I need RB's

Just my opinion......
QB - Plummer, Rattay
RB - Henry, K Jones, M Moore, Mahe
WR - R. Wayne, D Jackson, Burress
TE - McMichael
D - Pitt, Det
K - Wilkins, Tynes
marksy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woody_ffc » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm

I wouldn't too much into the run defense rankings. They can change quickly. Look what the Chiefs did to Atlanta when they were the #1 run D. I'd start him. He won't do what Holmes did, but he should have a decent game.
woody_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:16 pm

woody wrote:I wouldn't too much into the run defense rankings. They can change quickly. Look what the Chiefs did to Atlanta when they were the #1 run D. I'd start him. He won't do what Holmes did, but he should have a decent game.

Well if he's your #2 or you're facing a bye, I wouldn't bench him and replace him with a scrub off of the WW just because of the rankings. But if you have multiple options I think it's a pretty valuable tool to help you make a choice. ;-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:37 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I would bench K.J. against WAS this week if you have other (better) options. I thought he'd be further along at this point in the season although to be fair the injury didn't help. I don't expect him to break out against the stingiest run defense.

Kevin Jones is playing Washington. San Diego has the stingiest run defense.

check your stats
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk