Lineup if's, while's and or's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lineup if's, while's and or's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lineup if's, while's and or's

Postby matmat » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:39 pm

Just pondering...

wouldn't it be nice if when one submits a lineup before, say, 1pm on Sundays one could (online) have the following piece of pseudo-code attached to it:

if( cdillon = active) play cdillon, otherwise play kjones
and then the machine would do that for you even if jones' game was before dillons. i.e. if dillon were to paly his stats from the late game would count, but if he didn't jones' stats from the early game would count.

that sure would be nice and save us from missing deadlines and having to watch lineups and inactives so carefully.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 pm

It's not hard to manage that rule set so long as you're in a league that the commisioner can make starting roster changes after the fact.

I let owners have good nights sleep knowing that if Randy Moss doesnt play on Sunday, their designated reserve bench player is ready to take the starting spot.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:29 am

Its the same for everyone. I pulled corey dillon at the last minute, picked up lamont jordan and rode him to victory. In another league, randy completely screwed me over. That rule does intrigue me though.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 am

since we are doing our league by our lonesome, we COULD concieveably do that, except that our commisioner doesn't allow us to.

I guess I see the logic in it... it makes it more realistic. Not in the sense that a coach would play a non-active player... that is stupid. But it is the FF equivlent of not knowing when a player will bust or get injured. Granted, this can happen anyways during the game... but I've learned to live with it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bowie » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:15 am

That would certainly make it easier, although I' not sure it would make it better. How would it work? Would a switch only if player A was listed as out? If player A dressed but didn't play? If player A pulled a Randy Moss and played only one or two downs? I kind of like the fact that currently owners are sometimes confronted with a gamble. Of course, when I make the wrong choice, lake last week with Dillon and K. Jones, I wish such a rule existed. I know however, that situations like these keep owners on their toes and reward diligence and research.
Overall, I would have problem with such a rule, but only when the rule was spelled out very specifically beforehand and only if the owner specifically requested its use for a given player on a given week.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ShowStopper » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:30 am

It may very well reward diligence and research, but what it seems to reward more than anything is the ability to be in front of a computer 5 minutes before gametime. Moss, Williams and Dillion have really screwed me the last 2 weeks.
ShowStopper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk