Can C-Mart keep it up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can C-Mart keep it up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can C-Mart keep it up?

Postby a4ce » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 am

Can this guy keep it going for the rest of the season?
Will Lamont come into play?
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby drinklime » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:28 am

i dont know
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby a4ce » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:39 am

My bad for asking a dumb question. Dumb answer made me realize it. Thanks drinklime. Thanks a bunch. Could've said something like "C-Mart is a little injured and Edwards wants to keep him from getting more seriously hurt. Pacing him to last the whole season by playing Jordan more." I wasn't looking for the absolute answer, genius. Just an opinion or two.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mah2002 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:05 am

I think he will be solid for the rest of the season. I think people thought he would prob. fall off after his huge first two weeks but hes gotten over a 100 and a td almost every week. I dont ever get to see the jets play but they must have one hell of an improved offense line b/c I just dont see how a 10th year back can be averaging almost a yd per carry more than his career avg. and is on pace to score more touchdowns than he ever has
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:38 am

drinklime wrote:i dont know

An honest answer. Useless, but honest.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lawman_nyc » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:14 am

I did not think he would continue to be as valuable as he has been thus far. I have had Jordan on my bench since draft day. Well, in my opinion Martin is not showing any signs of weakness and it leads me to believe that he will continue to put up #'s like he has for the remainder of this season. As far as his injury goes I would not worry about it one bit, it is not even a topic of conversation here in NY.

No, i am not a martin owner either. Although, due to byes I am without the services of Dunn and Green this week and most likely I will be without the services of T. Jones due to injuries. I have to plug Jordan into the starting spot this week and hope I can get 30-40 yds from him and a possible score.

I like Martin to continue to do what he has been doing for the rest of this season. His offensive line is playing phenominal and they are opening holes that you could drive a truck through!
lawman_nyc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CDNY1975 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:41 am

He hasnt shown any reason way he would fall off, the injury is no big deal at all, he will be ready to go this week....i live in NY & none of the papers even said anything about the injury this morning.....I also own Martin & got him in the 6th Rd ;-D
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:14 pm

drinklime wrote:i dont know

great answer! :*)

-----

he's not showing signs of slowing down, and pennington isn't showing too many signs of starting to throw the ball. as long as penny keeps slacking with his arm, c-mart will get the looks. lamont may be useful in td leagues if the jets are in a blowout and they bring him in, like they did on mnf vs. the fins.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:17 pm

I wouldnt be surprised to see them use Jordan more when the Jets are up a bunch and in late game situations and such. im sure martin will still put up numbers but i think Edwards might want to make sure C-mart is healthy when the play-offs roll around.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 550 Dean » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:09 pm

I am hoping Herm Edwards has something else in mind for JOrdan. I hope he's playing him to trade him soon- or it could be something as innocent as just resting C Mart after the game was already in the bag last week.

People talk about C Mart like he's a 75 year old man- when is he going to slow down? For crying out loud, he's not Yasser Arafat - we're talking about a world class athlete here who's always taken care of himself. The guy is as durable as they come- right up there with Emmitt- I forgot what Emmitt Smith did at 31 but I'm sure it's comparable.
12 Team Keeper League- 3 Players

QB- Brees, Delhomme, Griese
RB- Portis, Martin, C Brown, O Smith, S Jackson, Duckett
WR- TO, McCariens, Bruce
D- Ravens,
TE- Witten
550 Dean
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk