How do you rank the players for a live draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How do you rank the players for a live draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you rank the players for a live draft?

Postby olinono » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:04 pm

I am doing a live 12 team draft this year. I have had some trouble picking duds early so I want to be prepared this year. Can someone give me some advise to how you rank your players for a draft?
olinono
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:05 pm

A general rule of thumb is to take rbs with the first 2-3 picks. It depends on where your draft position ends up. If you draft 1-7 then LT, Ricky, Faulk, Portis, Alexander, McAllister, or Holmes are picks that can’t be disputed. 8-11 look for Henry, Harrison, Owens, and James. If you have the 12th pick, then you also have the 13th. You can make hay here. There will be a stud qb or wr and a quality rb to choose from. Lean heavy on wr in round 3-5 then add in the best rb and qbs. Look for a TE in rounds 8-10, Def, kicker and then use the remaining to fill holes and gamble. Good luck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk