Grabbing someone elses back RB underhanded tactic? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Grabbing someone elses back RB underhanded tactic?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cosmicsmith » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:41 pm

Sounds to me like this guy is outmanaging you! For that matter, the fact you are even concerned about a Bears running back is a head scratcher. Go trade for someone else!
cosmicsmith
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JrcWy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:50 pm

This can be cleared up with one statement...You drafted Thomas Jones, not the Chicago starting RB position.

Injuries are the spice of FF. Without them, the game would be too predictable and boring. Learn from this guys moves and know how injuries can work to your advantage.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby YunYaamka » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:00 pm

You do what you have to in order to win in FF. I picked up Travis Minor 3 minutes into Ricky Williams' retirement speech because I knew having that 3rd back would give me an edge. If the other guy wasn't paying attention, too bad.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:50 pm

feverfive wrote:I agree w/ the consensus: all's fair in love & fantasy football. Hell, in my main $$ league, owners will DRAFT other owners' backups, i.e., Team 1 drafted Marshall Faulk, Team 2 drafted Stephen Jackson. No one even raises their eyebrows in this league since it's so competitive.

this example is lame, im sure in 90% of leagues this takes place.

The whole A Train thing isnt even close to "unethical", the guy is going to get some playing time, and he actually looked decent last week.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Grabbing someone elses back RB underhanded tactic?

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:10 pm

daroq04 wrote:I have T JOnes and someone grabbed A train ( and doesnt need him ) and now is tryin to trade him to me...is this bs underhanded or what??!?!?!

All's fair in Love & Fantasy Football. Either you're a shark or a minnow.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mad benjamin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:30 pm

What to say? The guy grabbed him off waivers fairly. I grabbed Levens and tried to trade him to the guy w/ Westbrook. I also had Chester Taylor while someone else had Lewis. Better call the FF police!

The bottom line is, you need a modicum (yes, a real word) of shrewdness when playing FFball. It is sometimes about taking advantage of another guy's desperation to cut a deal that will hopefully improve your team. That's the whole purpose in a nutshell.

It isn't a form of adultery to snag someone's backup regardless of the reason, even if it is to keep someone else from having him.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:08 pm

cosmicsmith wrote:Sounds to me like this guy is outmanaging you! For that matter, the fact you are even concerned about a Bears running back is a head scratcher. Go trade for someone else!

Id rather have A-Train than quite a few other "normal" starters in this league.

CHI has a very good line and no other offense. A-Train will get plenty of opportunities
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:54 am

This an interesting situation, I myself am torn on how I feel about it.

Kinda reminds me of a non-football, real-life situation that involves the bathroom at McDonald's. There is a big sign in there that says employees must wash their hands after using the bathroom. Here's the problem: If I work at McDonald's, but I'm not working when I go in there, does the sign apply to me? Since I'm the customer at the time, I don't necessarily have to wash my hands, but is that wrong? I'm still an employee there even if I am not working at the moment, but I shouldn't have to follow the sign.

But what if my manager comes in and sees me leave the bathroom without washing? And is it unethical for me to wash my hands, as the customer and not as the employee, but to not use soap as the sign directs. The manager will never know that I didn't use soap, and I, as the customer, have not broken any rules.

I stay up late at night thinking of this sometimes and I have decided that I will use the KFC bathoom instead of McDonald's.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk