Keeping up with the Joneses? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeping up with the Joneses?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeping up with the Joneses?

Postby Chopper » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:27 pm

NM Kevin and Thomas, what about Julie?

Does she have any value at all in a deep league? I'd written her off, but it sounds like the 'Boys still have some expectation of production. Too early for a bench spot?

dallascowboys.com:

Julius Getting Closer

Running back Julius Jones was expected to miss eight weeks after fracturing his shoulder blade Sept. 19 against Cleveland, meaning he could potentially return to practice the week leading up to the Cowboys' road game against Baltimore, Nov. 21.

But once Jones is medically cleared to practice, Parcells isn't planning to ease Jones back into the mix - not given the Cowboys' struggles in the running game this season.

"I was told it was gonna be eight weeks, and then he was able to return to do football things," Parcells said. "Once that got to eight weeks, they're gonna have trouble slowing me down after eight weeks. I've been told that hey, this guy's cleared to do football things, then we're gonna do football things with him. Not until then."

Parcells said team assistant trainer Britt Brown, in charge of rehabilitations, is "wearing out" Jones, making sure the rookie back maintains his conditioning over these last few weeks.

"He wants to make sure we don't have a double transition to make," Parcells said. "That's Britt's job. Britt's not in the healing thing. This thing is going to heal when the time frame is up, it's going to be healed. What Britt is doing is saying, 'When this thing is healed, you're not going to have to make a transition to conditioning. You're going to be ahead of where you're supposed to be.'"
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:51 pm

Parcells is using the time-old tactic by coaches known as "lying out his @ss." He may use Julius here and there, but he has a stiffy for Eddie and of course Richie... When Julius was healthy, he wasn't used much. But maybe now that we have no more WRs, we'll run more.

Unless you're league is deeper than the depths of Hell, I'd wait for some production before picking this guy up... and that's coming from a 'Boys fan. TWO D@MN PICKS, AND WE WOULD HAVE HAD BELL! D@MN YOUSE, DENVER! D@MN YOUSE TO HELL!

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:18 pm

I would pick up Greg Jones (Jax) ...before entertaining the thought of Julius
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant