New Begining for Fred Taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Begining for Fred Taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Begining for Fred Taylor?

Postby Team Justice » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:20 pm

I have Fred Taylor on my keeper team. Does anyone think This will be a 1500+yds,and 12-17 total td year for him?
Team Justice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:59 pm

ooh ooh i do! pick me!

i think he'll get those stats. if u mean 1500 total yards and id say nearer to 12 tds than 17...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:35 pm

I think he'll have silialar yardage to last season with maybe a little bit more but he will score like 13 Tds IF HE STAYS HEALTHY
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:53 am

Why would we believe that he will stay healthy? Last year was his best and I fear he will get hurt in the first part of the year and not put up the numbers. Of course this means he’ll have a great year!
:-t

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:04 am

Beer is good,
Fred Taylor as you're #1 RB is not.
Of the better injury risk RB's, I'd gamble on E. James over Taylor.

Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:59 am

I believe you misunderstood me, guest. (If that is your real name) Fragile Freddy is listed as a 5th or lower pick for me because I can’t trust his health. Edge is going to have, I feel, a great season and I would take him late first round and sleep well at night.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jedidiah1 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:12 am

Hey Moochman, are you saying that if Fred Taylor was available in the 4th round you would pass on him? He'll be gone in the 2nd in every decent draft out there.
jedidiah1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby yoda83 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:22 am

i hope he goes in the 2nd round in our draft... that'll just be one less team i have to worry about.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:41 am

I' d take him in the second for sure. His upside makes him a good #2 rb for a fantasy team
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:48 am

Jacksonville running back Fred Taylor, much maligned for missing 24 games during his first four pro seasons, has come out and said he could have played despite some of the injuries. “I could have gone,” Taylor told the Florida Times-Union of games he missed during his first two seasons. “I look back and say, ‘Darn, I should have been out there.’” Taylor added that he wasn’t concerned about missing games at that time because Jacksonville had solid running back depth, and that he sat out on advice of the coaching staff. He also said he had no regrets about sitting out all but two games in 2001 with a torn groin muscle. Fred credited counseling sessions with sports therapists as one of the reasons for his new attitude. “After getting my mind a little stronger,” he said, “I realized I could have been doing this all along.”

While some will never forgive Taylor for past tran! sgressions (hey, you tear a groin muscle and then try to run), it’s clear he’s on a mission to discredit the injury-prone label he’s been saddled with. Fred played all 16 games last season, and with Stacey Mack gone will be asked to do even more in Jacksonville this season. The potential is there for Taylor to quiet his critics and put up huge fantasy numbers.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk