New Begining for Fred Taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Begining for Fred Taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby yoda83 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:02 pm

nice read. he's still a punk.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:48 pm

jedidiah1 wrote:Hey Moochman, are you saying that if Fred Taylor was available in the 4th round you would pass on him? He'll be gone in the 2nd in every decent draft out there.

Yes, Jed, I most likely will. By the 4th round I hope to have my rb position solidified and will be filling out my wr corps. Taylor could put up good to great numbers if he stays healthy. I am just not so sure that he will. It’s that simple. Yes he may very well be gone in the second round of any decent draft, I just won’t be the one picking him. Remember these are just my opinions and in no way reflect the opinions of many of the intelligent users of this forum.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Slingblade » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:54 pm

Fragile Freddy...um pass

:-t
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:07 am

I generally am willing to discount supposed 'injury history' and am generally a Freddy fan, mostly since I had him as a rookie. I get attached to my rook's who perform well. If a guy is healthy, he's healthy. If he is coming back from an injury that others have been hindered by, I am wary. Players definitely have different tolerances for pain and the ability to play thru it, and that may affect my player rankings a bit.

That said, I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round. The draft would have to go very wrong for me to take him even at the end of the 2nd round. 4th round? Sure, I probably have 2 RB by then anyway. he is certainly worth the risk for that payoff.

There are guys I stay away from to a point, but if they fall far enough, they usually are worth the gamble.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:24 am

dgroundhog wrote: There are guys I stay away from to a point, but if they fall far enough, they usually are worth the gamble.

Completely agree. If he's there in the third round, even if I have two backs already, I'll take him. Once he has a good game, I'll trade him for a top WR. He's too good to pass up that early, in my opinion.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk