better 2nd half of season, Vick or A. Brooks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

better 2nd half of season, Vick or A. Brooks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:16 pm

Siggyfawn wrote:Why don't you trust Brooks? He's been solid all year. And last year. 10 TDs 3 picks. 100 rushing yards. I understand you might not trust black QBs, but Brooks has been very consistant.

black qbs? How does being black dictate anything? Id have to say this is one of the dumbest posts ive seen on this site.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:10 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Siggyfawn wrote:Why don't you trust Brooks? He's been solid all year. And last year. 10 TDs 3 picks. 100 rushing yards. I understand you might not trust black QBs, but Brooks has been very consistant.

black qbs? How does being black dictate anything? Id have to say this is one of the dumbest posts ive seen on this site.

Perfectly said portisfan. In the words of Napolean Dynamite, "Idiot..."
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:14 am

simply amazing that people are so openly racist
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby feverfive » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:54 am

Not sure if your comment was directed at my response when I said "I don't trust either." Trust me, it has NOTHING to do w/ skin color. I don't care if a player is white, black, brown or yellow. As long as he performs, and CONSISTENTLY, that's all I want. Lack of consistency is why I don't trust either one. This year, you never know what you're gonna get from Vick, and Brooks, while he's been "consistent", he's been pretty much consistently mediocre against teams he should have done better against. AGAIN, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mr Wizard00 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:35 am

I say Vick. He's starting to learn to balance run/pass in the new offense. Here in ATL they tried to limit run options and force him to stay in the pocket (fear of injury)...but they are giving more leyway and he's making better decisions(see Denver)
Cowboy Forever
Mr Wizard00
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby befo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:28 am

Vick is too hot and cold to be reliable.

When Duece is 100% Brooks should have a much better half of the season. Duece is an excellent receiving back.
befo
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Da Host » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:34 am

Wow. Good question. But after you sort out the stats (Which i did ;-D ) Umm it looks like you'de want Brooks. Brooks has a solid WR too through too. And has a solid run game too back him up. He can be more relaxed back there.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:55 pm

It depends. You want reliable, go Brooks. You want someone that can get you 30 one week and 4 the next, Vick is your man.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:48 pm

I like Brooks. The guys been pretty solid all year and I see that continuing.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk