A Boldin.......High risk?Or safe bet.Your thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A Boldin.......High risk?Or safe bet.Your thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Boldin.......High risk?Or safe bet.Your thoughts?

Postby bruuno2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:55 pm

I have a chance of trading for him.I'm just wondering if he is all that he was last year,at this point. :-?
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:06 pm

well, whta are you trading for him ( althought that might warrent some wrong forum commnents. Umm i think taht he will be a preatty strong WR for the ramainder of the year, a good #2 is where i would put him, you dont know if he is going to have the same effectiveness comming off the injury, so take it as if you are trading for a #2 WR

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Canacuna » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:29 pm

From what I saw from Boldin last week, he looked pretty good considering what he's coming off of. McCown seemed to kind of lock onto him (nine targets)... but he looked good - he wasn't as explosive as he was (to be expected at this point), but he still made some nice grabs.

Plus...

His team isn't very good, so they'll be behind in the score a lot... which equals more passin'... which is good for some potential Boldin stat-boostin'.

He's Arizona's top WR and is McCown's favorite target... and they'll be passin' a lot, so that equals some nice opportunities.

I think he'll be a very good second half player - definitely a quality #2 fantasy WR, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bruuno2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:33 pm

[quote="CKY_ROX"]well, whta are you trading for him ( althought that might warrent some wrong forum commnents. Umm i think taht he will be a preatty strong WR for the ramainder of the year, a good #2 is where i would put him, you dont know if he is going to have the same effectiveness comming off the injury, so take it as if you are trading for a #2 WR[/quote]
That player would be S Davis.
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:37 pm

rotoworld wrote:The Cardinals plan to use Anquan Boldin more in the offense this week.
We'd start him as a solid WR2 in nearly all league formats. If he's healthy, he can be a top ten WR the rest of the way

It appears that they are going to try and use Boldin even more, and that should obviously mean more looks and more catches. Even though he is going against a tough D this week in MIA, he still should be a solid play
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:51 pm

I was wondering the same thing about Boldin....I grabbed him off the WW just a few weeks ago anticipating a comeback(and a great opportunity to dump that bust S. Moss)and haven't had the courage to insert him in the lineup yet.But soon I think...very soon my madness will pay off.....MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby feverfive » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:01 pm

I'd take a chance on Boldin for reasons stated above. As far as trading S Davis for him, depends on the rest of your roster...
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:27 am

Boldin is a guy that you want to target in the next week to trade for, or if you already have him begin to start him regularly.

In his return from injury game, Boldin looked pretty good without the signs of anything lingering. OH yeah, he lead the game in receptions and receiving yardage as well as accounting for HALF (50%) of his teams completions and yardage.

Simply put, there is no one else on that roster that can make plays happen like Boldin, he is the primary target. Just look at Eric Mould's production in the first half if you want to know what Boldin is going to look like in the 2nd half. Solid #1 WR option on team = consistent scoring.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

response

Postby bruuno2 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:20 pm

Any more thoughts? :-?
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: response

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:26 pm

Bruuno2 wrote:Any more thoughts? :-?

Don't know what else you need. The guy made the pro bowl as a rookie from a team that had nothing resembling an offense outside of him.

He gets his despite good corners, double coverage, no running game etc...

You play him every week ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk