A Boldin.......High risk?Or safe bet.Your thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A Boldin.......High risk?Or safe bet.Your thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:55 pm

I've got Darrell Jackson @ SF, Rod Smith vs. Houston, and Keyshawn @ Cinci while Boldin faces the tenacious Miami D. Smith and Keyshawn had career games last week, it's just too difficult to sit one of them in favor of Anquan Boldin.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:45 pm

Boldin is definitely someone to target for down the stretch. He's got a year under his belt, has looked good coming back from injury, plays for a coach that would love to throw the ball, plays in warm weather (seems more condusive to passing) and has a pretty easy schedule on out.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Boldin

Postby OSportsC » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:27 pm

The key with Boldin is he seems to be recoverd from his injury. He played well and led his team in catches in poor passing conditions at Buffalo last week. He should only get better. I think he has the potential to be a top 10- 15 WR this year. ;-D

I picked Anquan up off the WW a few weeks ago..held him .. and just wound up packaging him for Tiki Barber. I was in desperate need of a quality RB.

I gave up Todd Heap (couldn't wait for his ankle to heal)
Hines Ward (might be on the decline with Plaxico getting the longer TD passes)
and Boldin.
In return I got Tiki, Terry Glenn(IR I quickly dumped him for Brandon Lloyd) and Randy McMicheal
So I wound up getting McMicheal, Tiki, and Lloyd ...I also have Javon coming back next week. The key to me being able to make this trade was putting Boldin with Ward. I can see Boldin getting better each week. Even if he's 80% from last year..he's still a good WR to have on your team. Good luck (^)
OSportsC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jwbseven » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:27 pm

boldin is fabulous
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby octagon999 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:40 am

But would you start him this week if you have Rod smith, mark clayton, and CJ? That's whats killing me this week. When to start putting him in regular.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Football Talk