JULIUS JONES.....Opinions Wanted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JULIUS JONES.....Opinions Wanted

Moderator: Football Moderators

JULIUS JONES.....Opinions Wanted

Postby feverfive » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:49 pm

I've been "hearing" rumors that JJ may be activated as soon as 2 weeks, AND that the Tuna plans to make JJ the feature RB. I know, net rumors. Plus, Tuna has been slow to give ReShard Lee any kind of a sustained shot at more touches even though the Cowboys running game has been largely putrid, so no particular reason to think JJ would be a different story (other than the fact that Dallas has taken quite a few shots in the press for trading down & not taking Stephen Jackson in the draft).

Just wanting your gut opinion: assuming JJ comes back, would Parcells make him the primary ball-carrier & leave Eddie on the sidelines?? Not expecting a fact-based response necessarily, just wanting your opinion.
Last edited by feverfive on Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:56 pm

JJ will be the guy. Parcells doesn't like Eddie and didn't want him, that was all Jerry Jones. Expect him to be big for them if he comes back and he gets the carries.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:00 pm

there's no way eddie george will immediately be benched and JJ will immediately be the lone running back...they will split for a while but JJ might be carrying the load by the end of the season
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby feverfive » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:06 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:there's no way eddie george will immediately be benched and JJ will immediately be the lone running back...they will split for a while but JJ might be carrying the load by the end of the season

That's more or less my opinion, but how long before that happens?? Dallas is @ Cincy Wk 9. Their schedule the rest of the way:
Wk 10-v. Philly
Wk 11-@ Balt
Wk 12-v. Chi
Wk 13-@ Seattle
Wk 14-v. NO
Wk 15-@ Philly
Wk 16-v. Wash
Wk 17-@ NYG

I'm thinking, at best, they'll go 1-2 over their next 3 games. Would that sufficiently make it clear they're out of the playoffs this year so that JJ may be the feature RB come Wk 12?
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:10 pm

feverfive wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:there's no way eddie george will immediately be benched and JJ will immediately be the lone running back...they will split for a while but JJ might be carrying the load by the end of the season

That's more or less my opinion, but how long before that happens?? Dallas is @ Cincy Wk 9. Their schedule the rest of the way:
Wk 10-v. Philly
Wk 11-@ Balt
Wk 12-v. Chi
Wk 13-@ Seattle
Wk 14-v. NO
Wk 15-@ Philly
Wk 16-v. Wash
Wk 17-@ NYG

I'm thinking, at best, they'll go 1-2 over their next 3 games. Would that sufficiently make it clear they're out of the playoffs this year so that JJ may be the feature RB come Wk 12?

I don't see what the "heck" that has to do with anything. Eddie George SUCKS regardless, so JJ should be the back even if they're in it or out of it. They're most likely not gonna be in the playoffs, but either way JJ is better than Eddie.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby feverfive » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:11 pm

To the Moderators: Sorry, I just noticed a similar topic thread open on this forum; not trying to be redundant....
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:21 pm

I think in a normal case it would take the young guy a little while to work there way inot the lineup but with Eddie running like a cow tied to a table with iron plates in his pockets i think its quite justifiable to let the kid play as soon as he can. if he's back in two weeks i think he'll be playing within 1-2 weeks of that as the primary back.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:42 pm

i think parcells will give him 20 carries per as soon as possible.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby cruiz03 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:02 pm

I agree. JJ will get a shot and by end of year, he will be the starter. If he can manage to stay healthy, you are looking at a perfect fit in the boys system.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:12 pm

Well, Julius Jones is hurt right now if you havent heard. (Quote below from cbssportsline.com) This news update was today that if Parcells wants to start working in Jones, he's going to have to wait until at least week 11. That's a little to late in the season to bring any fantasy value in my opinion. I would only go after or pick up Jones if I had a free roster spot and was in a keeper league.

"The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys are hoping Julius Jones (shoulder) can return to practice in two weeks.
(Updated 11/04/2004)."

Look at that "hoping" for 2 weeks. That sounds like the optimistic slant. yikes.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner