Warrick Dunn done? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warrick Dunn done?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warrick Dunn done?

Postby Bears_Fan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:52 pm

Obviously Warrick done has been a strong suprise that was amazing hte first four weeks but has started to twinkle out later. I'm wondering if anyone think with Vick looking up he will still be a solid runner getting 15-20 carries a game or just a decent #3 rb who has bad running #s but decent receiveing #s.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pdub » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:54 pm

c'mon man, you shoulda named the thread, "warrick done?".

anyhoo, i think he should be a third back, unless you got injuries or had a douchey draft.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turnip » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:07 pm

pdub wrote:c'mon man, you shoulda named the thread, "warrick done?".

anyhoo, i think he should be a third back, unless you got injuries or had a douchey draft.

There was a thread named "Warrick Done" earlier I think, but it was about Peter Warrick and scared people.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:05 am

I am not a Bengal fan....
Can I still post here???

Dunn will still be a servicable back....Vick has FINALLY started to produce and that will open up a little bit for Dunn, especially if Vick can hold that up. IMHO, Vick stinks! and if you can replace Dunn do so...(btw, I am a Dunn owner).

I do not like Vick in the west coast offense at all, he does not work well there and does not belong there, Hotlanta would be much better if they stuck w/ their O scheme w/ Vick, of changed to WC Offense without Vick. But the two are like fire and water....they just don't match.

Bottom line...as long as they keep Vick in the WC...Dunn will continue to lose value.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:21 am

you scared the crap outta me I thought maybe he was hurt and out for the year or something. He started out great and has faded the past few weeks, but I dont see why he cant return to his earlyu season form.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wannabthechamp » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:28 am

I was kinda surprised to see him dropped in my league, he has had a good year but I guess people are concerned about his recent struggles.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hammerwx » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:46 am

Diablo13 wrote:I am not a Bengal fan....
Can I still post here???

Dunn will still be a servicable back....Vick has FINALLY started to produce and that will open up a little bit for Dunn, especially if Vick can hold that up. IMHO, Vick stinks! and if you can replace Dunn do so...(btw, I am a Dunn owner).

I do not like Vick in the west coast offense at all, he does not work well there and does not belong there, Hotlanta would be much better if they stuck w/ their O scheme w/ Vick, of changed to WC Offense without Vick. But the two are like fire and water....they just don't match.

Bottom line...as long as they keep Vick in the WC...Dunn will continue to lose value.

Vick may have a few good games, but I seriously doubt he will perform on a week in/week out consistent basis.

I had to drop Vick last week in a 12 team league (11 starters 8 offense, 3 defense 5 open roster spots)... and despite last weekends game, no one has picked him up yet.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tpetty6320 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:02 am

i think t.j. will be brought back into the scheme. he is a great compliment to the offense when you want to wear down the line. also, why bang up dunn inside the 5 when you have t.j. for those goal line carries..........
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby feverfive » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:05 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:i think t.j. will be brought back into the scheme. he is a great compliment to the offense when you want to wear down the line. also, why bang up dunn inside the 5 when you have t.j. for those goal line carries..........

My thoughts exactly. I unloaded Dunn after Wk 5.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sergasCA » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:30 pm

Four reasons I unloaded Dunn last week:

1) WC offense is horrible for this team.

2) Vick will ALWAYS be Atl's top rusher

3) Dunn's injury prone

4) TJ always in the wings (you never know when)

Those factors made Dunn too risky for me. I packaged him along with Staley/Bruce for Portis. It was a risky move, but now I have A. Green/Portis and I like the looks of that much better.
QB: P. Manning
RB: A. Green, C. Portis, B. Westbrook, K. Jones, N. Davenport
WR: R. Moss, K. McCardell, A. Boldin, D. Stallworth, J. McCareins, E. Kennison
sergasCA
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk