anyone play - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

anyone play

Moderator: Football Moderators

anyone play

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:33 am

Planetside?

I've surrendered, and thrown myself on my sword for Everquest. Wondered if anyone here is currently getting fragged on Planetside servers and what their impressions are of the game?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:21 am

I think you and I are the only ones who play these types of games aww. I looked at planetside a couple of times, didnt get it yet though. You check it and and if you dont mind let me know what its like. ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:04 am

I play those kind of games. ;-D

Never played Planetside though so any review would be cool if you guys try it out.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:03 am

alrighty then. I'll give it a go.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:29 pm

Alrighty, here it is. The morning after. I stayed up from 11pm to 4am playing and had a blast.

There are 5 servers, 2 on the east coast, 2 on the west coast and one in the middle somewhere. Off of cable modem I had about a 40 ping time to one of the west coast servers, which was nice to see.

Rather than tell you about the game (which you can find out all the details online) I'll just give my impressions.

1. If you play counterstrike and enjoy the thrill of one shot/one kill battle, this won't be the game for you. First, it's noted that it is impossible to kill someone with one shot. Often, I found myself in man v. man firefights thinking over and over "when's this guy gonna drop?" Right now it's painful, but I think as I get more accustomed to which guns to use for which scenarios, I'll be less frustrated.

2. This is a team oriented game. If you don't like playing on a team, you won't enjoy this game. Everything about this game is team oriented, which is actually kinda nice.

3. The graphics can be super nice, but if you don't have at least a geforce 4 type vid card and 1.5 ghz processor, you'll be crying. The only reason I know this is I have those exact specs and I can't imagine having less to run this game. I have alot of the eye candy turned off.

4. It is super easy and quick to log on into Planetside and start fighting almost immediately. This is a huge advantage for guys like me who've been drudging in EQ, lamenting that it took me 20-30 mins just to start really "playing". In PS, there's actually an option where you can get dropped into immediate action.

And they mean it.

So far, the game looks great. Plays relatively well for a FPS, and its intriguing enough for the $10-13/month fee. How long I play this...well..prolly until SWG has all their bugs worked out.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk