BEST Defenses for week 9 -- finally! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST Defenses for week 9 -- finally!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Count_Rugen » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:17 am

Yeah, the rankings rock. Thanks a bunch P!
H-dinck:[i]"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."[/i]
Count Rugen:[i]"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."[/i]
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:19 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Also consider what the Jets just got done doing to a Miami D that is very comparable to Buffalo's defense...

I don't think this is true at all. What brings you to make this comparison?

Didn't Buffalo hold CMart to 70 yards last time in a 16-14 squeaker?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mdHARRIS » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:19 am

And to add to my post P-Funk, when in Philly, get in touch with me. My beer meister is flowing and you have an official membership to the keg. Peace!
mdHARRIS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:35 am

thanks again Plindsey... late is better than never (which is what we deserve!)
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:38 am

bungle613 wrote:
Flux wrote:ARI had -4 pts for me last week :-o scary play, but Im still sticking w/ them

Yeah...me too FLux. Final score...I lost 109-106. If I had started TB on their bye I would have won. Gotta love FF.

Question for you Plindsey. IN your formula what are the points awarded for scoring. EG: 0 points allowed 15, 14 or 10? I think all the others are reasonably standardized EG 35+ is a -4.

oh...and thanks once again for the effort Plindsey. Very much appreciated even with that Zona fiasco last week ;-)

thanks again plindsey! i am the beneficiary of that 109-106. but really i use these matchups too. and like others have said, you needn't explain these results. if they want to play the # 26 team let em do it. they'll learn.

btw bungle, was it arizona or fleming that helped me?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby King Colt » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:17 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I think Buffalo is definitely better than 26th this week...

Well, then maybe you ar not taking into account that the Jets give up the fewest turnovers of anyone in the league, and the only teams that allow fewer sacks than them are Denver and Indianapolis...

If you consider that the Jets average 0.71 turnovers per game, and 1.00 sacks per game, while scoring an average of 24 points, that works out to be an average of about 2.42 FFP per game... If that is enough for you, so be it...

Also consider what the Jets just got done doing to a Miami D that is very comparable to Buffalo's defense...

Haw Haw. Thanks for the good work. Who knows more about fantasy D than this dude?
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:12 pm

Cool. Hope you're right because I got the AZ Def on a trade. Manager last week actually gave up this sleeper D for Vinny T. Gotta love those Bye week blues. Even though AZ stuck it too me by laying an egg last week, I feel confident they can reward me this week against the hapless 'Fins.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:27 pm

P, can just you justify New England this week? The Rams have looked great on offense most weeks, except against Miami. Plus, New England's defense is getting injury riddled.

I appreciate the rankings and any clarification you could provide on why they are in the upper levels here. I have them in multiple leagues, and trying to decide against Philly among others.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby citti34 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:59 pm

I picked up the Jets BC they were playing Mia last week, and this week they play Buf, and next week they play Bal. FYI.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:19 pm

Thanks for the hookup Plindsey. I never set my defense without looking here first.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk